Chapter 16: Mechs and Morons.

"I.. Don't understand." Ruby finally uttered as she took in the words that Penny had just revealed to her.

"Some girls are born." Penny soon continued with a solemn tone. "But I was made. The world's first synthetic human to be capable of generating an aura. I'm not real."

Ruby looked at Penny with disappointment. "How can you say that! You ARE real, Penny! True! You don't have flesh and blood like me or anyone else, but you are still real! You have an aura! A soul! That alone gives you a heart, Penny. You're my friend, and you're a very REAL friend at that!"

Penny smiled at this. "Oh! Thank you, Ruby!" She exclaimed as she hugged her friend.

Ruby groaned in pain, but smiled regardless.

"Anytime, Penny." She replied, before the android let her go.

"I think you'll enjoy meeting my father, Ruby. He's a very sweet man and is the one who built me."

Ruby smiled in amazement. "He built you all by himself?"

Penny sighed and smiled sheepishly. "Well, he did get some help from General Ironwood."

Hearing this made Ruby realize why the soldiers were after Penny.

"Wait?! Ironwood? Is that why those soldiers were after you?"

Penny just smiled and sighed.

"They just want to protect me, Ruby."

Ruby rose an eyebrow. "They don't think you can protect yourself?"

"They're not sure if I'm ready yet..." Penny replied with a sigh. "One day, it will be MY  job to save the world, but I still have a lot left to learn. That's why my father let me come to the Vytal Festival. I want to see what it's like in the rest of the world, and test myself in the Tournament."

Ruby was now confused. "Penny, what are you talking about? Save the world from WHAT? We're in a time of peace!"

Penny was now also confused by Ruby.

"That's not what Ironwood said to me." She stated blankly. However she couldn't explain further as she heard the soldiers nearby, preparing to check the alley.

"Sorry, Ruby." She stated apologetically as he grabbed her by the shoulders and lifted her effortlessly into a dumpster. "But you need to hide. I don't want you getting into trouble."

Ruby didn't bother arguing as she secretly watched Penny leave with the Atlesian soldiers. Once they were out of sight, she leapt out of the dumpster, but unfortunately noticing a very big rat as she did.

"AHH!!!"

She ended up jumping back into it.

In the ruined parts of Vale, a club was in full swing and yet in full panic as the henchmen of Junior Xiong heard the sound of a yellow motorcycle's engine and screamed in horror.

"She's here! She's here! She's here!" One stated in panic as he and several others began to barricade the doors. Junior Xiong looked at his henchmen unamused as he saw them doing this.

"What the heck are you doing?!" He asked as then the doors were kicked open.

"Guess who's back?!" Yang declared with a grin as she found the henchmen pointing guns at her. Even the DJ with the bear head stopped his music as he ducked and hid behind his station.

Junior Xiong sighed as he walked through the crowd. "Stop! Nobody shoot!" He then faced Yang. "Uh, Blondie! You're here. Why?"

Yang smirked with deviousness.