Chapter 18: A Night to Remember.

The breeze was gentle, as was the vibe in the atmosphere, however, even with decent temperature, Aoihi is still not in a brutally honest happy place. The time was coming. The time when he would confess to Weiss and invite her as his date to the Beacon dance was near. But, he still didn't feel comfortable enough doing so.

For even with that promise she made a while back, he was STILL scared of Weiss rejecting him and leaving him...

He wasn't always like this, not this scared depressed kid who's scared of being abandoned. Not one bit. During his childhood, Aoihi was smiling regardless of what happened, for ONE person was among him and his father, his mother.

As a mother, Yuki Moeruhi wasn't just beautiful, but also a very loving and kind woman. Her appearance was always striking to the naked eye. A very mature and healthy figure with long black hair, ice-blue eyes, and a bow on her head, in the same way Blake wears her's. She was also a VERY powerful huntress and always with words of wisdom.

Oh... how it pained him when she did that unforgivable act of cowardice.

It was a peaceful morning when a 5-year-old Aoihi walked down the stairs.

"Mother?" He called. "Mom?!"

"She's not here, Aoihi." Ryo soon replied as he walked towards his son with a note in his hand. "She left this behind, saying goodbye."

That memory from his past caused Aoihi to grit his teeth with anger, as he walked closer and closer towards the beacon tower.

"I'll never forgive her." He thought. "I'll NEVER forgive my mother for abandoning me! Or for NEVER coming along when Theodore Ashward followed us to Vale and killed my father! If she came, dad WOULD have lived! He WOULD'VE!!"

Walking into the lobby, he glanced at the receptionist who had received the id information from Aoihi's scroll which he had immediately scanned at the terminal.

"Okay, Mr. Moeruhi, you're free to see Ozpin."

He nodded and stepped into the elevator as it closed its doors and began the ascent. At this moment of time, he thought back to Black Kite.

"Who IS she?" He thought. "Why does her aura feel familiar to me? Why did she bother to help us in that fight against Torchwick and those mechs?"

Perhaps, Ozpin might be able to provide some insight on Black Kite as well.

In Beacon's Library, Blake was busy working on the holographic computer there. She could BARELY stay awake now, slowly nodding and stopping herself from falling asleep several times. This same old pattern continued until a small red dot circled across her screen. She looked behind and saw no one there. However the dot still continued to bug her. Frustrated she tried to hit it with her fists only for it to slip her grasp.

"Stupid thing!" She muttered bitterly as she then stood up and started to follow it.

She walked past students and bookshelves, trying to step on the dot or whatever is bugging her. She turned down a corner and realized she ran into someone. Blake looked up, as her eyes widened in surprise.

"Yang?"

"Hello!" Yang replied in a sing-song voice as she turned off the lazer pointer in her hand. "We need to talk."

She grabbed Blake's wrist and zoomed away with the Faunus, before she could protest.

Within the Beacon Tower, Aoihi stepped out of the elevator and into Ozpin's office. To his luck, the headmaster was there.

"Ozpin." He soon spoke, getting the headmaster's attention. "Do you have a moment? I want your advice for something personal and maybe just listen."

Ozpin smiled and nodded with a fatherly expression.