Chapter 39: Night Fall.

Using her semblance as well as what she saw from Aoihi and Yang, Ruby tried to fight Mercury with her legs and fists. Of course, she wasn't as experienced as them as she was knocked about, losing ground to the person that fooled her.

"Heh! You're not going to win easily, little red rose." He said with a smirk as the sounds of Pyrrha and Penny's fight echoed in the background. "Just like that blonde chick, your red haired friend with the spear is going to be hated by everyone watching her. For when Emerald is through, she will be seen as a mass murderer of that little android girl."

Ruby screamed in rage as she charged at Mercury, but to be only sent flying backwards into the nearest wall. Scowling, she opened her scroll and tried to call her teammates, but to only have Mercury shoot it with his legs.

"Nah uh ah! No calling for back up little girl. This is to be between you and me." Ruby screamed and got up again, enraged by Mercury.

By this point Matthew and Ironwood arrived on the Coliseum and began running to try and stop the match or at least locate Emerald. as they were rushing by one of the screens they could see the match going on. they were only there for a brief second but Matthew could see that Pyrrha wasn't in the right place of mind And that somebody was a messing with her mind with illusions.

Matthew pointed to the screen as they ran past it. "Ironwood! The match is already begun! And my bet is Mercury lost a fight on purpose because we both know what Penny really is."

"How do you know about, Penny?" Ironwood asked confused as they were still running.

Matthew shook his head in annoyance. "Penny's father is the only friend in Atlas that didn't abandon me. I know he was working on an artificial life form which you weaponize, and now that weaponized robot girl is going to fight somebody with the power of magnetism. And we all know when a powerful magnet is used on metal! That's exactly what our enemy wants!"

After saying that, Matthew picked up the pace, hoping to prevent a tragedy from happening.

Back with her fight with Mercury, Ruby was not winning and was having a hard time fighting back. She knew she had to do something to help Pyrrha and Penny before it was too late, but couldn't with Mercury in the way.

"I need to beat Mercury to stop the match and help Penny and Pyrrha!" Ruby said in her thoughts. "But how can I do that with my lack in martial arts?!"

This left Ruby in confusion and desperation as she tried to figure out a way to defeat Mercury. But alas, was unable to for the sole fact she couldn't really fight without Crescent Rose. However, as she was about to admit defeat, a roar was heard as mechanical footsteps ran closer and closer, the shape approaching them headbutted Mercury and bit the villain's butt.

"OW!!!" He cried before screaming and breaking free as the shape walked over to Ruby and nuzzled her leg.

"Leo!" Ruby exclaimed happily as she petted the lion, before feeling something familiar in his main. "Huh? Wait? No!" She grabbed the red object and gasped in surprise and amazement at what Leo had in his main. "Crescent Rose! You brought it to me! Thanks, Leo!"

Leo mooed in replied as he then assisted Ruby in her fight with Mercury.

At the place where they were getting coffee and tea at, Aoihi, Blake and Weiss sat down together, drinking their drinks.

"Thanks for doing this, you two." Blake said with a sigh.

"No problem." Aoihi replied happily.

"You're welcome, Blake." Weiss added as she and Aoihi drank their Atlesian coffee. Blake soon sighed and began to speak.