ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬

"That's it boss looks like we might be over two or three kilos

"That's it boss looks like we might be over two or three kilos." Me and my right hand Tyree looked at our delivery driver with the same confused expression. Sounds like the nigga was insulting my ability to do simple mathematics to me.

"El hijo de puta". I mumbled to myself before hopping on the truck to inspect my package of coke.

"Fuck no, recount this shit nigga ain't no way!!." I yelled at the delivery driver while he just looked at me confused. I fucking hated when people looked at me like I was fucking slow; the longer he looked at me like that the shorter my fuse got.

"B-b-but boss I-I-I counted it several times and-." I cut him short by placing my cold metal pipe in between his eyes. I stared into his eyes and I could've sworn I seen nothing but fear. Any other day he wouldn't have been able to finish his sentence before his body would've been lying on the concrete lifeless in a pool of blood, but I wasn't interested in adding another body under my belt today so I slowly lowered my gun and motioned him to walk away.

I walked over to the clipboard where I kept all the crews I employed written down with their deadlines and the amount of money they owed me. "Fuck" I mumble again tossing the clipboard across my warehouse floor. I must've miscounted something along the way because I didn't have enough crews to sell the remaining three kilos.

"Just got word in from our gun suppliers and he said our crates should be delivered tomorrow." Tyree confirmed as he made he made his way over to me with two clipped cigars in his hand.  Every time we had a successful shipment come in we'd spark up cigars in celebration.

I took one of the cigars out of his hand and held it up to my plump lips after whipping the sweat beads from my forehead. It's hot as shit out here in Huston today shit was absolutamente ridículo.

"I might have a crew in mind to move this weight. They stay up on Albany and word on the street is that they knocking down crews left and right. They've seem to have taken out two of the heaviest cliques too." Tyree spoke in between hits of his cigar.

Interesting I thought to myself. They had to be some heavy hitters if they took out sons of Ali and south side soldiers. I sent an all too familiar nod to Tyree to which he replied with a simple on it.

I didn't talk much unless it was necessary honestly. I'm not a native English speaker and I've always been bullied for how I talk or how I sound. Shit even at 25 I still can't pronounce certain words without my Cuban accent coming out to play.

I didn't have many friends growing up so naturally I grew up quiet. Matter fact I didn't have any until middle school because of my language barrier. Tyree was the only one in our sixth grade class to even attempt to communicate with me. I remember the day like it was yesterday.

A twelve year old Tyree came up to me in gym and spoke to me in Spanish. The surprised look I had on my face quickly changed into amusement as I watched him pronounce words as best as he could. Some of the things he was saying were incorrect but I appreciated his effort more than anything. Ever since then we've been thick as thieves.

"Don I got the locations of that crew if you ready to pull up on em I'm ready." Tyree spoke pulling me out of my thoughts

"Shit let's ride amigo."

...

I stared out my window enjoying the breeze as I looked around the city I Call 'home' even though it sure as hell didn't feel like home. I could tell I wasn't welcomed and considered an outsider. Shit I was the only half Spanish motherfucker around here and folks around the hood only trusted those who were born in they hood. Seems like the only reason they fuck with me for real is because they know I'm deadly as hell and my product good as fuck.

I was pulled out my thoughts once again when I felt the car come to a halt. I lifted my head up to be met with a black SUV with four unrecognizable men in it. All of their windows were rolled down and it was clear as day what they were all doing. The one in the drivers seat was just looking around being all suspicious, the passenger side was yelling on the phone at someone, and the two in the back seem to also be arguing about something. When the driver and I locked eyes I searched his for fear like I do with everyone but I didn't see it with him, however I felt something else that I chose to burry a long time ago.

I felt vulnerable.....

"What the fuck do you want Don? me and you ain't got no business so take yo big hefty ass back to the hills where you came from." The driver spoke up before I even got to introduce myself. I guess that one is familiar with me because the other three didn't say anything.

I chuckled to myself before stepping out of the car to approach theirs. Out of instinct all of them pulled out their guns in some sort of creepy synchronization moment. That shit just reassured what Tyree told me earlier, They are some heavy hitters.

"Aht Aht Papi no sudden moves." The same guy spoke again showing off his pearly white smile. I only chuckled to myself and threw my hands up in a surrendering fashion.

"Imma ask you one last time for I bust a cap in yo tree trunk ass what the fuck you want with me and my crew?"

Lil papi had some fire to him, he had this look like he wasn't scared to buss a cap in me for real which kinda turned me on.

"tranquilícense papi I'm hear to propose a  business deal to you and your little amigos." I spoke up again with my hands still in the air while showing off my blinged out grill now.

He only looked at me with those knitted eyebrows I hate the most,but surprisingly I wasn't all that bothered this time. Weird.

"Speak fucking English round here nigga- matter fact I don't got shit else to say to you. You know damn well I don't work with outsiders so get the stepping for a run yo ass over with this truck nigga." He spat before slowing rolling his window up still managing eye contact with me.

"You know where to find me." I managed to get out before the window was up fully.

With that I just stepped away before returning to my car.

"What did he say and why the fuck they had guns out?"

"He'll be in touch soon for sure" I acknowledge

Guaranteed

Authors note:

How y'all feeling about Don and Karis or any of the side characters?
I don't have too much to say on this chapter

Like always thanks to anyone who reads this 🫶🏾✨

Don't forget to vote 💜