ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

"Ya'll find a movie yet?" I questioned Dion as I made my way back to the couch with popcorn

"Ya'll find a movie yet?" I questioned Dion as I made my way back to the couch with popcorn.  I was finally back at home and missing the hell out of my family. 

"Nope, your badass nephew insists on a scary movie when he needs to be watching something kiddy." Dion explained while she looked at a disappointed DJ.

"But mama I big boy." He got up and tried to plead his case.

He then made his way over to me with a pouty face thinking that I'd save him.

"Pwees uncle kk." He asked as he started to pull on my pant leg.

"Hell, yeah twin we watching a scary movie." I instantly felt a pillow hit me, damn near knocking the popcorn out of my hands.

"Don't let DJ get you beat up Karis." Dion spoke sarcastically. I laughed at her and took my seat on the end of the couch. Once we ended up settling on finding Nemo upon Dj's request, I picked up my phone to see if maybe Don had cooled down yet. Ever since we got into it the other night, he's practically avoiding me like the plague, shit he even gets Tyree to give me re-ups just so we don't have to talk.

I'm not gonna sit up here and say that I don't miss him because that would be a lie. It feels kind of weird to say that I miss his touch, his lips, his laugh, fuck I even missed when he spoke to me in Spanish.

Damn this nigga Don turned me out.

"Ouu who has your attention like that big brother?" Dion questioned trying to peak over at my phone. "Nun but this girl I'm talking to" I spoke trying to play that shit off. I click on Don's contact before I sent a text asking him could we talk.  Honestly, I didn't like it when he was mad at me.

BANG BANG "Houston PD OPEN UP."

A sudden loud bang startled us. Me and Dion made eye contact with each other as she slowly picked DJ up and went into my room. As soon as they were safe, I got up and made my way to the door.

"Karis Wilson, we have reason to believe you were involved in the murder of Treyvon Whitlock. We want to take you in for questioning" Shit...

"Gladly." I step out of the house calm as fuck even though my heart was in my ass right now. All I have to do is comply and I'll be outa this shit in a few hours.

...

"Sss damn why you pulling on the cuffs so fucking hard." I cursed out in pain at the officer who was guiding me to the questioning room. This nigga was on the verge of breaking my damn wrist with how hard he was pulling me.

When we entered the room, he sat me down at the table and told me to wait. About thirty minutes later Calhoun walks in with his partner behind him.

"Mr Wilson, I told you I'd be seeing you again, didn't I?" He smirked as he tossed a vanilla folder on the table.

"I ain't did shit so why am I here?" I spoke calmly leaning forward onto the table.

"Yea actually you have, Trayvon Whitlock's body was found in an abandoned junk yard just off the corner of 45th and 2nd street. Just one block away from where a car was reported to have had bullet holes all through it." He went on to pull pictures of Trey and where we dumped his body.

"You don't even look like you're meant for jail Wilson." His partner pointed around like he was judging my appearance and laughed.

"Nah, this is not his first rodeo. Petty theft, armed robbery, arson, assault with and without deadly weapons, possession with the intent to distribute." He went on about my past charges. I did a whole lot of shit as a juvenile that I knew was gonna come full circle one day.

Fuck I guess this the day.

"We already have the video surveillance showing two masked men exiting a black SUV initiating a shootout. We ran the tags, and they came back as yours Wilson and it's only a matter of time before I bring down your whole operation."  He got closer to me to make sure he had my full attention.

"You're facing a thirty to life bid right now lil K, however I could make that go away though. I laughed a little to myself, imma humor him on this one. "And just how do you think you can do that?"

He instantly perked up off of the table after a long pause. "You give up Don and the assailants to the murder, I know you sell drugs for him so don't try to deny it." He lost his fucking mind if he thought I was snitching.

"I don't know who you're talking about, and I don't know who killed Trey either, now if that's all you brung me here to talk about I'm out." I stood up and stuck my handcuffs out for them to unlock it.

I knew I wasn't ratting on Don nor my crew, I also knew that they clearly don't have enough evidence to convict me of anything anyway so Ian worried bout nun of this shit right now.

"Before you go, I want you to really ask yourself are you really willing to give up your life for somebody like Don who wouldn't give a fuck if you died tomorrow?"

I didn't respond instead I made my way outside and waited on Dion.

About 10 minutes later she pulled up fast as fuck and rolled the window down. "Karis get your black ass in here!!" As soon as I got in the car I was met with Dion's nagging. I was glad DJ had his headphones and iPad because I didn't want him hearing any of this.

"Why the hell you got me at a damn police station Huh?!! You know damn well I have hella unpaid parking tickets Karis what the fuck did you do? !!"

"Ian do shit sis; they think they got me on some shit to which they don't so chill out." I didn't need her involved in any of this shit. She looked me up and down like she didn't believe me, but she eventually let it go.

My mood instantly shifted when I pulled out my phone and noticed Don had responded to my message.

That good feeling didn't last long as I began to think about the reality of my situation

Was I really prepared to give up the rest of my life for Don?

Authors note: I'm sorry for short and boring chapter y'all I didn't want to have too much going on.  Don't worry tho cause imma make up for it with the next chapter. Teehee🤭

Anyway thoughts?

As always I hope you enjoyed until next week my luvs🫶🏾✨