7 - Evesdropping

Skye

Skye

I stared down at my plate, barely eating my food as I listened to the conversation Sebastian's friend group was having.

"Damn, bro!" one said. "Is that a new tattoo?"

I gazed up to find Sebastian smirking, and he lowered the sleeve of his jacket, revealing black spiral-like runes covering his upper arms and shoulders.

I stared while sipping my juice box.

Woah... those were... cool.

They reminded me of... something, though I couldn't remember what.

"Bro!" his friend said, staring in confusion. "How are they so black? They look like they're marker!"

"Yeah, that's cool," another replied.

Sebastian suddenly looked up at me, and I stilled.

"They are cool," he said, smirking, "aren't they?"

I gasped silently, but sucked in juice, and I choked, coughing repeatedly as I tried to get it out of my system, but when I gazed up, still coughing, Sebastian looked as if he were trying not to laugh.

I only stared back down, getting the juice from my system.

Goddamn him... why did he have to have this lunch and Neveah didn't? I was going to go insane with him around.

When I stared back up, he was focused on his friends as they continued to talk about his tattoos, and he was smiling and responding to their questions.

They didn't look like tattoos, though... they looked like... ink.

But he just gazed up at me from the corner of his eye and smirked, and I froze again.

Why did he keep doing that? It was freaking me out...

Right?

But I stared down at my plate of cold pizza and my bowl of soup, and I sighed and stood, tossing my juice on the plate and stood, making my way over to the trashcan.

I tipped it in, sighing as the food fell into the bag.

"That's a lot of waste, Kiki."

I screamed again, staring up to find Sebastian there.

"I said to stop that!" I yelled.

"And did I ever said I'm a good listener?" he replied, smirking. "Nope. Nada."

I just sighed and stepped away, and I glared forward when I heard him following.

I turned. "Go back to your massive amount of friends, so they can fawn over your tattoos."

He smiled. "That means you were listening."

I clenched my jaw.

He only stood above me as I sat down, grabbing my backpack and shoving stuff into it.