50 - That bitch

Sebastian

Sebastian

"Skye?" I whispered as I walked down the mansion's steps. "You down here?"

I went to bed with her last night, but when I woke up, she was gone, and I nervously stood and went looking for her.

I knew she was upset, but I needed her close to be because North was still on the loose, and I couldn't risk him taking her.

After stepping through the house, I stopped then, lashes lowering when I entered the living room.

Skye was asleep on the couch, lashes fluttering as she breathed softly.

I smiled softly and stepped over to her.

She moaned in annoyance when I scooped her up, but I just carried her back upstairs.

She was mad, I knew, but I didn't care.

She shifted further into me while she slept, me smiling down at her as I kicked her door open and shoved it closed with my shoulder.

I just slipped on her bed and sat up-right, resting my back on the headboard and held her sideways in my lap.

She breathed softly when I brushed my fingers through her hair, draping a blanket over her, and returned to pulling her close.

She melted into me—almost instinctually—and I just closed my eyes, setting my cheek on her head.

"Wow," someone in the room said, making me shoot my head up in alarm. "Adorable."

North stood by the door, clapping his hands nonchalantly as Skye remained asleep with me.

My eyes narrowed into a glare, and he just smiled, leaning against the wall.

"How did you get in here?" I demanded. "The runes—"

"Were made in marker," he corrected, "have a little water and a lot of elbow grease, it comes out. Should've ingrained it in the wood, brother."

I glared.

"Now," North said, smirking as his eyes glowed red in the darkness, "are you going to hand her over? Or will I have to make you?"

"You're not touching a single hair on her head," I warned, "do you understand?"

He only laughed. "We'll see about that."

And he launched toward us, though I just gazed up numbly.

His body just slammed into a barrier above us, and he yelled out, collapsing back onto the ground.

I chuckled. "Forgot I could do that, didn't you?"

He pushed himself up, glaring.

I pointed to the door. "Get out."

He stood fully then, eyes glowing a dangerous red. "Fine, but I'll be back for her."

"I wouldn't do that," I told him, glaring still, "if you so dare take her, I will murder you—slowly."

He only smiled. "We'll see about that." His eyes glowed. "You know? Why don't I just take her now, huh? It's easier. And she's already under my control."

I stared. "What?"

"Last night, she read that note page," North explained to me, smirking, "and—when she was numb and uncertain—I was able to slip back in again."

My glare sharpened. "You're bluffing."

He chuckled. "See for yourself."

And his eyes flashed red, making me still when Skye's lashes fluttered open, and she stared sharply into the distance.

"Skye," North said, smile dangerous, "come here."

"No!" I said, tightening my arms around her as she gazed up at me questioningly. "Don't listen to him, okay?"

She looked back at North, tipping her head to the side.

And she shot off me, making me scream her name as she ran straight over to North.

He just caught her arm and reeled her against him, making my breath shutter.

I grew cold.

No. No.

"I want you to watch her die," North hissed. "Just to prove that you are mine, and she will never be yours again. This is your punishment, Sebastian."

My breath shuttered.

"Although..." he said, smirking, "I'm not completely ready yet, so... why don't you meet me in the basement of her favorite arcade? That might be nice, don't you think?"

I glared and shot off the bed, reaching for her arm, but North put up his hand, and I slammed against another invisible wall.

I fell back, collapsing down, and I glared up, finding Skye staring blankly down at me.

Was she there anymore? Where was she in there?

"An hour," North said, looking down at Skye. "Say goodbye."

"Goodbye... Sebastian," she uttered, clearly hesitating.

I shoved up and came at them again, but I slammed against the wall again, crying out and falling back.

"Sebastian..." she said quietly, and I gazed up, finding tears in those lost eyes.

My soul cracked a little.

"Sebastian..." she said again, a single tear slipping down her cheek, "I love you."

My entire being shattered, and North gave me one of his knowing grins, and he whispered, "An hour."

Though he and Skye just vanished from existence.

"NO!" I screamed, slamming my fists on the ground as a sudden cold consumed me.

I lowered my head to the ground, tears stinging my eyes as I breathed shakily. "No...."