21 - Sebastian... what are you?

Skye

Skye

"Uh!" Neveah said, leaning back at her seat. "What a weekend, huh?"

I nodded, quietly sipping my chai through my mug.

We were currently at a famous chai shop in the mall a couple miles from my house; we always came here when we had nothing better to do. Neveah would go shopping for clothes and I would end up going to the store next to hers; I was more of a cutie gal—wearing pink schoolgirl dresses—and Neveah liked sweatshirts and jeans.

But both of us loved this chai shop. They had the best recipe; something that I had yet to find anyone else to even come close comparing to.

"So, how are you and Sebastian getting along?" she wondered, lips tilting.

I gave her a look. "He's been following me everywhere."

"Really?" she said, glancing around. "Where is he?"

"He followed us to the arcade," I told her, eyes dulling in boredom, "then he followed me to the library after that, then he walked me home, and then he snuck into my house last night like he does every night."

"Your mom never notices?" Neveah said.

I shrugged, taking another sip. "She locks the entire house down top-to-bottom, windows, doors, everything locked! Even my room." I threw my hands up. "He still gets in."

Neveah smiled slightly. "Is he the type of romantic that sneaks through your window?"

"No," I said, sipping again, "he sneaks through somewhere downstairs and somehow doesn't alert my parents when he walks up the stairs and into my room. They don't even hear us talking! How? Don't ask me."

Neveah sipped her chai this time, setting it down. "How long has he been seeing you every night?"

I sighed and set my chin on the table, muttering a number.

"What?" she said.

"A year," I replied louder.

She stared at me in shock. "W... WHAT? A year? And you didn't think to tell me?"

"I honestly thought that every night was a dream!" I replied, tossing my hands up. "Some weird, reoccurring dream! And then Sebastian showed at school and revealed that it had been him the whole time."

She blinked. "So he's like some secret, mysterious lover? I see."

"Are you insane?" I said. "He's stalking me!"

She sputtered her lips as a couple next to us cast me a confused look. "Yes, in a sense, but there has to be a reason. Maybe it's  to that attack that night. If you ask him and tell him what happened, I'm sure he'd tell you that it wasn't him."