34 - So, demanding. I like

Skye

Skye

It was early the next morning, and I'd been awake for a while.

Sebastian was asleep under me, though I was still curled up in his chest.

It was nice to see him sleep, honestly... I felt like he never slept and it bothered the hell out of me.

Though what bothered me more... was the fact that person who looked like him... Who was he? Was he Sebastian? Or was he someone else?

Sebastian had no other siblings... this man could've been a shapeshifter or just... something.

But what bothered me was that he looked like Sebastian. How was I supposed to tell the difference between them when I wasn't sure which was which?

And why wouldn't Sebastian tell me who this man was? Why was it so hard for him to tell me?

Unless... maybe he was a part of it.

I closed my eyes tightly and sighed, catching his arms that were around me and lowering them to his sides.

I silently slipped out from his grip and crawled off the bed.

I was still in my nightshirt, but I didn't care.

I needed a space to think and risking him waking up if I changed wasn't worth it.

So I just caught my jacket and slid it on, wrapping it around myself and silently creeping out from the room.

Twenty minutes later, I was walking through the streets of Washington.

Yes, I lived in Washington, and so did Sebastian, but we lived in a very small town named Greenvillage; it was a little place right next to a mountain range on the east. Most people did not know it existed, but it did, and I enjoyed living here because it was so quiet.

But now I regretted it because there was someone out here trying to kill me, and I didn't know who was to trust, and who wasn't.

As I walked down the streets, I stared up, the cold stinging my eyes and my nose, but I chose to ignore it.

I just needed time to think.

Who was this man trying to kill me? Was it Sebastian? Was it Sebastian's equal? Was it another version of him?

I slapped my forehead.

Another version of him? I made it sound like Sebastian was some kind of android.

I gazed up, smiling slightly.

Well... he could've been with how emotionless he seemed.

After a moment of thinking, I sighed, knowing I was only angering myself, so I just gazed up, watching the clouds in the sky shift over each other.