44 - Tu Jhooti

Skye

Skye

I stared in the mirror of the bathroom inside this café we were staying at, and I watched as my eyes glistened, reflecting the lights from the mirror like they were stars.

My cheeks were reddened... and cold, very cold.

I was freezing.

I didn't know why, though... It could've been because it's been snowing lately.

It never ceases to snow in Washington when it's winter.

I hated the cold; it was my definition of disgusting.

I continued staring.

Sebastian took me to some café that was in the middle of the old-town area; it was some old, abandoned-looking shop, though in the inside, it was gorgeous.

It was comfy, warm, soothing, and it smelled entirely like chocolate.

And that was because these people specialized in chocolate; they made it, and they served it as chocolate bars as well as making it into hot chocolate.

I hadn't tried it yet, but Sebastian got some for me, and it was in the middle of being made.

While it was, though, I told him I was using the restroom because I really had to pee.

I did, though, I wasn't lying about that.

Hey, it's normal.

But then I saw my reflection, and I couldn't help think about how much I've changed.

I've used to be a mommy's girl... and a daddy's girl; I promised myself I'd never date because all the guys at my school were assholes, self-serving assholes.

I wasn't wrong.

But it turned out, Sebastian was one of them; one of the bad ones, but still...

I fell in love with him.

He even scared me ! He had the image of a psychopath!

Was I going insane?

Yes, yes, I was.

Did I care? No.

What also bothered me was that... when Sebastian took me that first time, I was so homesick, and I even cried a little at one point. Though, over time and over the training, I grew stronger, and even when I saw my picture on the news and my parents begging for someone to find me, I didn't feel it as much...

Was it because they... weren't my real parents? Or was it because I grew stronger?

Or was it because... I knew if I went back... it could kill them?

Literally.

I knew... I had to go back.

I leaned against the sink, breathing for a moment.