22 - Daze

Skye

Skye

Sebastian chuckled. "You okay? You've been staring at me for the last hour."

I never replied, just watched him curiously.

Sebastian was supposed to take me home, but Neveah caught us on the way out of the mall and said she wanted to be a third wheel, so Sebastian complied and took all of us to the Thai restaurant he worked at, claiming that he had a discount.

Yes, I'd been staring at him the whole time.

It was because I... was so confused and curious; I had a child's curiosity. The moment he kissed me, my view on him changed completely.

I thought he wanted to harm me, and this whole time I'd been walking on eggshells around him, trying to figure out his motive.

But now... even though he kissed me... I wasn't sure what his motive was.

Was it just manipulation? Or did he genuinely care about me?

I leaned toward the latter; mainly because when he kissed me... he wasn't hesitating in the slightest. He was leaning in further, into it, like he needed it.

And because of that... I was mesmerized by him.

So, naturally, I'd been staring at him ever since.

"Skye," Sebastian said, brows arched.

"Yeah, Skye, you good?" Neveah said, concerned. "You haven't blinked since the mall."

I just broke eye-contact with him, staring down at his chest instead.

"Skye..." Sebastian said again.

I just gazed back up at him, voice oddly soft. "Yes?"

"You okay?" he wondered, watching me.

I nodded, looking back at his chest.

He just leaned to the side to see my face. "You look dazed."

I never replied, just focused on the little tattoos that poked out from his shirt and swirled around his chest; under his shirt collar.

I wanted to touch them. Would they have been soft?

Sebastian just touched my chin and tipped it up, and I blinked, focusing on him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I replied.

He narrowed his eyes, and I saw the gold in them flicker, and he smiled then, leaning back. "Oh, I see."

I blinked, staring at him.

Did he just read my mind...?

Sebastian tucked a strand of hair away from my face, smirking.

As warmth consumed me, I hazily gazed up at him.

But Neveah coughed next to us, and we blinked, gazing up at her.