51 - What the hell was he doing?

Skye

Skye

"You can wake up now," a voice echoed.

I gasped, lashes fluttering open as I took in my surroundings.

I was in a room of some sort... the walls covered in grime and dust, and I glanced down, finding myself in a chair.

I gazed up quickly, breath shuttering as my eyes locked on a figure leaning against a doorway.

"Good morning," North said darkly. "Sleep well?"

"Where did you take me?" I demanded, voice shaking, but I forced it to still.

He just chuckled.

I then tried to move my arms, but a rope dug into my skin, and I winced when I felt it tighten around my wrists.

"Can't escape it," North remarked, smirking as darkness covered me inside. "You can only escape when I want you to. It's a devil's whip. A perfect binding tool. When you try to escape, it tightens, at one point, it'll break your wrists in half."

I stopped then, the cold burrowing inside me, but I refused to let it take over. "What do you want?"

He tipped his head to the side. "I want to hurt you."

"Then why haven't you killed me yet?" I demanded.

His eyes flickered amusement. "I told you, I want you to hurt. Dying right now is too painless, and..." he gazed up, "I want Sebastian to watch."

I drew back in disgust, the panic consuming me, but I tried to ignore it. "Why are you doing this?"

"You know..." North said, looking lost, "Sebastian was hurting after our parents died."

"You do not have the same reason," I hissed, "you care about nothing."

"I care about power," he corrected, still smirking. "And... Sebastian was my one-way ticket to power, Skye. I gave him the plan to kill you, and my hope was that it would break your mother enough, so she'd step down, and I'd take over."

"You're better as a devil!" I yelled.

He just chuckled. "I am the devil, aren't I? I'm Lucifer's child, Skye. You cannot control Lucifer's child."

"You're a daem," I replied, attempting to hurt him, "you're one in a million children of the devil. You're small compared to him!"

He suddenly was in my face, and I drew back, sucking in a breath.

Too close.

I could feel his dark aura consume me.

"I wouldn't say such things if I were you," he said lowly, eyes glowing dangerously. "I could make you do things you don't want to do."