Epilogue

Skye

Skye

"You ready?" Sebastian said from the driver's side as he parked his car on my parent's street.

I breathed out a shaky sigh, closing my eyes tightly as tears warmed them. "They're going to be so mad. What do I say?"

"What did we practice?" he asked me, smiling. "What did we say?"

"Tell them that I was kidnapped... and that I broke my way out, and then I came back home."

Sebastian nodded, smiling at me as I glanced over at him nervously.

"What if they can tell that I'm lying?" I questioned then.

He chuckled. "You're not lying, Skye. You were kidnapped by North a week ago, and then you broke your way out. Why else do you think you're covered in bandages?"

I glanced down at my arms that were covered in wraps. "I thought she healed me."

"Doctor Jen put those on as a precaution," Sebastian explained for the hundredth time. "North broke a lot of stuff, Angel."

I sighed and nodded, lowering my head.

He smiled at me. "Are you ready?"

I nodded.

He just nudged my arm, and I opened the door before I dared to stop myself, and I ran home, breathing shakily before I stopped at my house and slammed on the front door.

When there was no response, I slammed again.

But this time I heard someone yell, "Coming!"

Tears brimmed in my eyes as I gazed up, and the front door parted.

My mom stood there, looking half-numb, half-irritated as if people knocked on the door all day, but she looked down at me.

Her entire expression hardened.

She stared then; as if she couldn't believe it, and she stepped out onto the front porch, tears brimming in her eyes. "Skye...?" she whispered. "Tell me I'm not dreaming."

I cried out and launched to her, latching onto her as she caught me back, holding on tightly as I buried my face in her neck.

My soul was crushing... I'd been gone for so long. It was crushing, and I thought I might've been dying.

My dad came rushing to the front door, letting out relieved curses as he threw his arms around us.

We all exchanged sobs and cries of relief, letting out all our sorrow and frustration as we clutched onto each other for dear life.

After a couple minutes, mom drew back and eyed me in concern. "Where were you?! You've been gone for WEEKS!"

Tears brimmed in my eyes, and I breathed out a sigh before I whispered, "I was kidnapped... by a guy named North. And he... he broke my arms and my legs. I escaped, though, and... and I lived."