46 - Angered him

Skye

Skye

"You can't run from me, Skye. Little do you know, the closer you are to him, the more danger you seek."

I shot awake at an instant, gasping softly as I searched my surroundings.

I was still in my bedroom; the curtains drawn as moonlight beamed over the ground like rays of sun, and Sebastian was still next to me, sound asleep and breathing softly.

I lightly touched his face, running my fingers along his soft skin, though he just stirred, parting his lashes.

"Skye...?" he whispered groggily. "You okay?"

I watched him for a moment, moving my hand down to touch the rune on his neck.

His lashes fluttered, but he still said, "What's wrong?"

I pulled away then, gazing down at him. "Nothing."

His lips parted and he rolled over, struggling to sit up. "Skye... I know you well enough to know when you lie. What's wrong?"

My eyes flickered down to his shorts, and I just sighed, gazing back up at him. "You remember the room on this floor that's off limits?"

He nodded, letting out a long yawn.

"Is it... North's room?" I asked him.

He parted his lashes then, and regarded me. "Yes."

"Can he get in there?" I asked Sebastian.

He shook his head. "No, but I don't let people go in there because there's a lot of dangerous stuff lying around." He watched me. "He can't get in this house, Skye. It's covered in runes."

I sighed and stared back down at the bed for a moment. "What kind of dangerous stuff?"

He gave me a look. "Angel."

I glanced up, shrugging. "Just curious."

He sighed, shaking his head. "Horrible, morbid plans sketched on paper—cursed knives and daggers—disgusting sheets covered in... I honestly don't know what it is, but just don't touch them."

I stuck my tongue out. "Was he a player?"

Sebastian glanced over at me. "No, he's a killer. Yes, he'd lure girls in his room, but he'd never go that far. He doesn't like going as far as kissing when he's planning to kill; it gives him too much of an emotional attachment, so when he's needy, he goes and seeks a hooker."

I closed my eyes tightly. "I did not need to know that."

Sebastian smiled. "You asked."

I just sighed and looked in the distance. "Did he ever love you? Did you ever love him?"

"I did love him once," Sebastian explained honestly, "I looked up to him, followed him, bowed to him, but... it only ended up in me getting hurt."

"How?" I whispered.