10 - Breakfast, anyone?

Skye

Skye

What the hell was happening?

Last night, I swore I was on my deathbed, struggling to breathe while that psycho choked me... and now?

Now I woke up in my bed... tucked in neatly and warm.

I stared at the ceiling, haven woken at least five minutes ago.

Was I seriously going insane?

After I recuperated my emotions, I sat up and slid off the bed, not feeling faint or weak in the slightest...

But I entered my bathroom to do my morning duties... and I stopped, staring at myself in the mirror.

I was still... myself... but... there was a bandage wrapped around my neck, though not tight enough to choke me.

I stepped over to the mirror and leaned forward, lightly pulling the top of the bandage to see my neck in my reflection.

My lips parted as I saw the purple bruise ringing around my skin.

It really happened.

I then shot out from the bathroom and threw open my door, immediately met with the scent of bacon and eggs.

My mouth watered, and I rushed to the staircase.

"Mom?" I said.

Was I asleep the whole time...? Or did she come home early?

"Mom!" I said, darting down the steps.

I hopped off the last one and circled around the wall, only to find myself freezing.

Sebastian was in my kitchen, smiling slyly as he folded an omelet over itself.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," he teased. "Have a night nap?"

He didn't even look at me when he said it. He just knew it was me.

"What..." I said, trying to comprehend what the hell was happening, "what are you doing?"

He laughed softly. "Making breakfast. What else?"

I stared. "Uhm... Uh...."

"Cat got your tongue?" Sebastian said, glancing up as he slipped an omelet on a plate. "Do you seriously think I'm not capable of being nice?"

"There's a catch..." I told him, eyes narrowing. "There always is."

"How about," he suggested, tipping his head to the side, "eat your food before it eats you, okay?"

I blinked. "How would it... eat me?"

He smirked. "Grow moldy," he said, "turn you into a zombie."

"Okay," I put my finger up, "this is not The Last of Us, understand? Now please tell me why you... took me into my own house and proceeded to leave, come back, and make breakfast."