23 - Where did he take me?

Skye

Skye

I parted my lashes late that night when a soft sound filled the room.

It was dark... the room swallowed in darkness, and I squinted my eyes and shifted over.

Ugh... what time was it?

I stared off in the black void as the soft sound continued filling the room.

I squinted my eyes.

Wait... was that a... song?

I groaned a little as I pushed my hands against the bed, shuffling to a sitting position.

Why did my bed feel different...?

I gazed back down, eyes softening when I brushed my fingers along the bed.

Oh... silky.

I stared back up, staring in the darkness as I listened to the soft song playing through the room.

It was distant... calm... and... emotional.

I listened closer as something inside me warmed.

Piano...? I didn't have a piano in my house.

I then cautiously slipped off the bed, stepping over to a spot on the wall with a sliver of light under it—telling me it was a door—and I searched the darkness for a knob before I caught it, parting the wood.

I winced at the sudden light, shrinking back a little, but when it adjusted, I blinked and peeked out.

My lips parted when I saw a long, endless hallway stretching down the pathway, the floors covered in a red-ish carpet, and there were doors on every part of the walls.

I blinked and stepped out from the bedroom I was in, currently disoriented, but I was too curious to care...

So I followed the sound of the piano.

It was so soft, but... so sad; like the person playing it was telling a story of sorts.

I stepped down the hall then, wrapping my arms around myself as I continued forward, determined to find the source.

I glanced around as I walked, taking in all the wall lanterns and the oak walls.

It was gorgeous, honestly.

Was Sebastian really this wealthy? Or did he take me to some hotel?

I knew it was him who took me here, and I wasn't particularly happy that he lied to me about taking me home, but I honestly was too mesmerized to care.

I just followed the sound as it echoed through the halls, covering the walls in its beauty, and I nearly teared up, but I pushed them down.

After a bit of walking, I slowed to a stop when I found a large pair of double doors, and one of them was cracked slightly, exposing a soft, white light that bled onto the ground in a quiet line.