26 - The escape

Skye

Skye

I was nearly gasping as I quickly stuffed my things into a suitcase I kept in my closet, sweat sliding down my temples as I pleaded that my parents wouldn't walk in.

I came home early this morning, and my dad was still up. He questioned me why I was gone for so long, and I lied and told him that I fell asleep in mom's car when I took Neveah out.

He clearly believed me and said just to keep my phone on, and that I worried them greatly.

It didn't make me feel any better when I knew what I had to do.

After shoving my tears down, I zipped up my suitcase and pulled out my cellphone, texting Sebastian "I'm ready."

He replied with a thumbs up emoji.

I rolled my eyes and stuffed my phone back in my pocket.

After lifting it off my bed, I carried my suitcase silently into the upstairs hallway, struggling to hold it as I waited for his distraction.

Seconds later, the doorbell rang, and I gazed down to the front door that rested below the staircase, watching my dad groan in annoyance before he opened the front door.

My lips parted when I saw Sebastain standing there, some kind of baseball hat covering his hair as he held a clipboard.

"May I help you?" dad said, sounding annoyed.

"Honey?" mom called from the kitchen, stepping over to the door as Sebastain remained unfazed. "Who are you?"

"My name is Jimmy," Sebastain said, casting me a look as I rolled my eyes. He only smiled slightly. "I'm selling some cookies, want some?"

"Uh..." dad said, "boy scouts are selling cookies now?"

I then stepped carefully down the staircase as Sebastian replied. "Yes, boy scouts. We're trying to raise money for Children's Hospital."

"What for?" mom asked him, sounding mildly suspicious.

I made it to the last step, then silently walking backwards toward the back door.

"Cancer," Sebastain replied. "We're raising awareness and money to support cancer prevention research. And also trying to help doctors find a cure for cancer."

"I see," mom replied as I slowly opened the back door. "How much money have you raised?"

"A couple hundred," Sebastain told her. "And I only just started."

I laughed softly as I stepped outside, and then slowly closed the back door, hearing their muffled voices.

I just rushed toward the fence, silently gasping as I made it to the gate, and I quietly opened it and stepped out, carrying my suitcase as I closed the gate, and then peered around the corner of my house.

Sebastain was still standing at the door, talking to my parents, but I remained in my position until he was ready.

Seconds later, I heard a "thank you," and the front door closed.

I then gazed up when Sebastain hopped down the steps and walked over to me.

He smirked. "Ready to go?"

I stared. "My parents are going to kill me."

"They don't know you're gone yet," he answered, chuckling. "So let's go before they find out."

He then caught my hands and pulled me forward, and I yelped as he half-dragged me toward the sidewalk.

"I can walk, you know," I said, annoyed.

"Do I care?" he replied.

I rolled my eyes.

But then a thought crossed my mind, and I smiled. "You know, if you keep treating me this way, I'll stick Lucipurr on you."

He sent me a look.

I laughed softly. "Ooh, good threat. And it actually works."

He rolled his eyes and pulled me forward, and my lips parted when we stopped in front of a long, black motorcycle.

I gazed up then. "Where am I going to put my suitcase?"

He shrugged. "Hold on tightly?"

I gave him a look.

He smiled. "You're so gullible. There's a compartment here."

He lifted the two seats, and my lips parted when he revealed a large, deep compartment.

He then took my suitcase and turned it on its side, sliding in the cubby before closing the seat over it.

"Jesus..." I muttered, "how rich even are you?"

He glanced up. "You've seen my mansion. Can't you guess?"

I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever."

He just smiled, waving to the seat, and I sighed again before I climbed on, and he straddled the bike in front of me.

I just clutched onto him so I wouldn't die and held on tightly.

I saw him smile as he revved the bike, and I yelped when we launched off.

After the long ride, I spent the whole rest of the day settling in, and at one point in time, Sebastian and I went to the arcade on the main floor and I played against him with ski ball. I won, naturally, and I made sure I made fun of him for it.

He only smiled like he usually did.

After the arcade, Sebastain and I had dinner in the dining hall; we sat together on the abnormally long table, and it was just us because Claire and the three boys were out doing whatever.

Since we were both too tired to cook, he just ordered Chinese food and we sat across from each other, talking occasionally while he stared at me with his cheek in his hand.

Sebastain told me that he needed blood in order to live, but I seriously wondered why he needed it when he ate the Chinese food with me.

Was there something more to that aspect of his race?

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter, but what do you think of the story so far?

A/NSorry for the short chapter, but what do you think of the story so far?