//001.👠

I WANT TO SEE FOR MYSELF

"Mr. Jeon, I really love you!!!" echoed a woman's voice in the dimly lighted, chilly concrete subterranean garage, scaring Kim Taehyung so much that his phone almost slipped from his grip.

He was on his way to his parked car, but who would have guessed he'd see a confession in this dark, freezing place?

"What did you say?" Taehyung trembled as he heard a chilly, husky, and deep voice, even though he was not the one the man was speaking to. Perhaps he behaved in this manner because the speaker sounded so threatening. His tone was even heartlessly frigid. What appeared to be a loving confession sounded more like a miscommunication!

"I said I love you," Taehyung heard the woman say again, "and I love you so much!" "I fell in love with you the first time I saw you." The woman sounded really moved.

Taehyung held his breath, expecting a reaction, but all he got was quiet. He wanted to look, but he didn't think it was appropriate. He waited till he heard the man's response.

"Is that all?" he said, prompting Taehyung to gasp in surprise.

'Wow... he's very harsh.'

"W-what?" The woman sounded really taken aback.

"Tell me, what do you want?"

"I... I've loved you since the beginning. I've been your girl for two months now, yet you've never expressed your feelings for me. Mr. Jeon, all I want is for you to love me back."

Taehyung could tell by the lady's voice that she was on the edge of crying, but the man's voice didn't soften even a little after hearing her. Instead, as he answered to her, he sounded much more frightening.

"We're done," he remarked casually, as if he didn't care. There was no warmth in his voice at all.

"W-w-what?"

"I won't repeat myself."

"W-why? What exactly are you saying, Mr. Jeon? This is not... The contract I signed said unequivocally that I would be your girl for three months! It's barely been two months, yet you're already saying we're done? What exactly do you mean by -"

"Miss Ryon... "Did you not read the contract thoroughly?" The man's tone grew colder, almost harsher. "Woo-Jin, come over and read the condition she didn't read."

Taehyung was astounded to hear their unexpected chat, "A contract? What exactly are they saying?"

He could sense the situation was deteriorating, so he wanted to leave right away, but if he did, they would notice. He had no option but to remain concealed and listen, even if he didn't want to.

"Miss Ryon, here is one of the two conditions from that contract you signed." Another man began to speak. "The contracted girlfriend is free to demand anything except love or affection." When the contractual woman asks to be loved in return, the contract becomes null and invalid."

Tae was so surprised that he couldn't help but look at them. He couldn't believe what was going on. He couldn't believe something so ridiculous was occurring in real life. To someone like him, this was insane.

His hands rushed to his lips as he beheld the female. 'Wait, isn't that Ryon Ae-Ra? 'A well-known actress?!'

He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Why would a stunning woman like her beg for a man's affection? What's more, their connection was contractual?! Ae-Ra, this stunning diva, was some harsh man's contractual girlfriend?!! If the entertainment industry found out about this, it would be shook!!!