//031.👠

LOCOMOTE

Jimin was soon discharged that night.

Mr. Black leather jacket was nowhere to be found so Jimin called someone from the Park residence to pick him up. Unfortunately, his mother also came the instant he heard that his son was hospitalized and he insisted on taking the boy home to watch him closely until his ankle was healed.

Jimin and his mother spent a long time arguing over the matter but in the end, Jimin's mother won.

With that, Mrs. Park arranged a chauffeur to send Tae back home. Just like Jimin, Mrs. Park adored Tae and already knew the kind of boy Tae was, so she made sure that he would be sent back home safely. She even asked one of her female companions to go with him along with the driver.

"I'll come visit you soon, Jimin," Tae said as he held his friend's hand.

"Mm, call me once you're home, okay? And don't even dare to do anything or go anywhere without telling me, understand?" he nagged and Tae just nodded. He carefully hugged his friend before they finally parted.

During the trip home, Taehyung rested his head on the car window as his gaze focused on the darkness outside. Everything that happened that night started playing in his mind. There was so much for his mind to process! He thought about it the entire trip home and still found everything overwhelming.

When he finally reached his house, he thanked the chauffeur and the lady bodyguard, and watched the car leave. Tae didn't go straight inside. He stood out there and just stared at the house.

As always, it was peaceful; so peaceful that it soothed his heart just by looking at it. This was his home, the place Jungkook said he belonged to. Just by comparing the gentle, peaceful and soothing atmosphere at home, he couldn't help but think that his world really was different from what was out there.

He knew that he was blessed with having a loving and peaceful family. He knew he was blessed to have a home like this, a home that protected his heart and smiles, a home that loved him. However, he had always felt this void in his heart. It wasn't that he didn't like the peace-in fact, he loved it and was thankful for it-he just wanted to feel more, to experience more even if he ended up getting hurt.

Taehyung breathed deeply and finally entered his house.

His father was still awake. He was there again, sitting by the window, looking at the moon-perhaps, thinking about his late wife again.

Taehyung walked closer to him.

"Dad," he started.

"Hmm? I thought you were going to sleep over at Jimin's."

"I came home to speak with you."

Kim Tae-Min, his father, was surprised. His son wasn't outspoken and he knew that he would only talk to him privately like this when he wanted something or to ask for his permission. He also knew that his son rarely asked for anything. In fact, the last time he spoke to him to ask for something was back when he was seventeen.

"Dad, I... I want to move out," he said and his father looked at him in surprise.

"Tae... what do you mean you want to move out?"

"I have decided to live with Jimin for a bit. I will still go to work and come back here on the weekends."

"Tae, you're sick."

"I'm still perfectly fine, Dad. And I will be fine. I'll only be away for a month."

"Tae..."

"Please, Dad. I want to experience life in the city, visit some beautiful places and go explore. I might not be able to go out anymore after this so... please let me go, Dad. Don't worry, I'll come back home safely."

His father couldn't say anymore when he heard him say that he might not be able to go out anymore. He knew what was ahead of him and it was painful to think about it. His son was still so young. He was such a nice and sweet boy.

He never caused any trouble for the family. He was that boy old people adored so much because he was always shining and smiling brightly despite everything, but Tae-Min knew that he was lonely, being here all alone. He was still just a boy and he knew he wanted to experience things outside his sheltered life, just like other boys his age.

The truth was, Tae-Min was waiting for his son to do this. He knew the risks but he understood. Life was unpredictable. No one knew when someone's time was up that was why he completely understood Tae's decision. As a father, he also wanted Tae to go and do whatever he wanted now because he knew he may never get to do them at all.

"Okay, but I have to remind you not to do anything dangerous, okay? Promise me, Tae."

Tae was surprised. He had prepared himself to persuade his father but he actually agreed quite quickly!

"I promise, Dad," Tae raised his hand to show him his determination.

In his room, Tae didn't waste another moment and he started packing his things. While he was grabbing things to put into his luggage, he found and picked up a small notebook. He opened it with a smile carved on his face.

'List of things I want to do' was written on the notebook's front page.

He put it inside his bag, finished his packing and eventually drifted off to sleep.

...

Not far from the house, a black car stayed there the entire night and only left at daybreak.

_____

How was the chapter?