//004.👠

YOU WHAT!

Everything that had just transpired began repeating in his memory, and he couldn't believe it. He he did something that outrageous? It was just incredible. Now that he thought about it, he couldn't figure out where he got the courage to approach him, much alone give himself to a stranger as enigmatic and deadly as him. Is he truly that desperate?

Taehyung was aware that what he did was insane, but... deep down, he didn't regret it, and the fact that that man abruptly rejected him pushed him. He believed he was the man he had been seeking for. A cruel man who had no feelings for anyone. He couldn't explain why, but he trusted him when he stated he didn't love and never would. Perhaps it was because he saw the truth in his eyes. He wasn't sure why, but he had the impression that the man had an ice heart that would never, ever melt.

But could he ever fall in love with such a man? He was perplexed. Would he be able to love a guy so frigid that he would even scare his weak heart away? He didn't know, but like Eve, he craved the forbidden fruit while knowing it would cause him agony. After all, hasn't it been said that 'love builds up' and 'love is blind'?

He reasoned that there was no reason for him to warn himself to be cautious at this moment. He couldn't back down any longer since he was going to die soon and if he wanted his desire to come true, he had to do it. NOW. He just knew that this was his last chance.

His family was waiting for him in the living room, watching their favorite TV show, when he got home.

Before Taehyung went into his room, they enjoyed another wonderful and tranquil supper.

He reclined on his bed after taking a shower. He'd been thinking about that man all night, even while showering. He couldn't seem to quit. Was it because he turned him down? Most likely not. Perhaps it was due of his remarkable appearance? The likelihood was high.

Taehyung couldn't help but assume he wasn't genuine because he recalled every detail of his face in his brain. He then lifted the letter given to him by a pleasant man in a black jacket and glanced at it for a long time.

His eyes eventually closed as he lay there. The sun was shining through his windows before he realized it.

He got out of bed, helped his grandma cook their breakfast, and after eating together, he got ready for work, kissed his family farewell, and drove back into the metropolis of Seoul.

Taehyung volunteered at the Kang Nam Children's Home after graduating from college. His family co-founded the orphanage, and he had volunteered there since high school. His major responsibility was to help the professors during class. He was assigned to read stories to the youngsters on weekdays, save Fridays, and he enjoyed it. He had grown to love the children and treated them as if they were his own. He was sincerely pleased to offer any assistance he could for as long as he could.

It was Monday, so the kids who hadn't seen him in three days were overjoyed. As soon as they spotted him, they embraced him one by one in the corridor.

"Tae! We were missing you." Yi-Ji, the youngest of the group, kissed him on the cheek.

"I missed you as much, sweetie. Let's go inside now. "Your teacher is on his way."

Taehyung spent the entire day assisting Mrs. Hwang, the children's teacher. He read "The Little Prince" this time, and when class was finished, Taehyung went to a coffee shop near the orphanage.

He had texted Jimin, his best buddy, the night before that he needed to chat about something, so they decided to meet at this shop - their favorite hangout since college.

"How are you doing?" You were a little tipsy last night." Taehyung regarded Jimin with a raised brow.

"Do I look that bad?"

"Yep."

"Don't tell a lie, Tae. "I made certain that my eye bags were completely concealed!" Taehyung could only laugh as he heaved. His friend Park Jimin was extremely wealthy. He didn't understand why the two of them, who were worlds different, had become the closest of friends.

Many people admired Jimin during his undergraduate years. He was attractive, wealthy, and had several suitors. He was, however, alone in school. Girls avoided him like the plague, and only males who wanted to hit on him approached him. When Taehyung started chatting to him and they got close, the students began nicknamed him Jimin's tail. He couldn't hold it against them. In comparison to the trendy and refined Jimin, he did resemble a tail. But Taehyung didn't seem to mind. He knew Jimin was a nice person and that he was his buddy regardless of what anyone thought.

Back then, Jimin was the one who became upset whenever people made fun of Taehyung. He even insisted on dressing him up - God knows how many times he begged him - but Taehyung denied him over and over until the youngster gave up.

"So? What's the plan? I'm just interested, you know? You calling me out like this is quite unusual." Jimin drank his drink and squinted his eyes at his comrade.

Taehyung sighed deeply and pushed his lips together before looking at his companion.

"I have found a man." Jimin gulped on Taehyung's words. "Careful, Jimin!"

"Cough, cough..." What exactly did you say? Y-you? Have you discovered a man? You?!" Jimin seems to have just heard something incredible.

"Slow down. Don't be overly boisterous."

"Oh, Tae, how can I be calm right now?! You... my innocent Tae, have you finally discovered a man you like?!"

"Well, I still can't say if I like him but... he's the man I've been looking for and... he's the one I want."

_____

Happy Reading