//025.👠

FALTERED

Tae shivered as his shoulders started to shake. His ice-cold voice woke him up from his frozen shock and his body started to react.

Everything happened so fast that he couldn't process what was happening. One second later, he was inside a locked cubicle with that man and he was about to... to...

He started to breathe quickly as his heart pounded loudly in his ears, but his brain pushed through in processing the situation.

He was about to... but then the door disappeared and the man disappeared. He had closed his eyes as the man closed in on him and in the next second, he just felt air swoosh through his face and the man was gone. He was shocked but then relief flooded his entire body. The man was gone! He was safe now. He was gone...

He didn't even think about what had happened to that man or where he had disappeared, only that he was finally gone.

But in the next second, he heard a loud thud on the other end of the restroom, which brought him out of his dazed state. With unsteady legs, he forced himself to move, to leave this cursed cubicle and to flee. He was free now and he needed to run away from this place as fast as he could. That was what his brain was telling him to do. RUN! Get away from here, now!

With one shaky leg after another, holding on to the wash basin, he managed to take a few steps towards the door. He took a few more steps and stopped the moment he saw that man being held up by his neck, his blood staining the wall behind his head.

At that moment, he didn't feel anything. He didn't feel angry at him, sorry for him, or any other emotion towards him. He was completely numb. He stared at the man with blank eyes and an expressionless face.

After a while, he turned away, intending to leave, but he was stopped in his tracks again, this time from a different type of shock. He hadn't paid attention to the man who was choking his attacker. He didn't really care who it was, but when he turned around to look at him with those cold, cold eyes, he froze. 'J-J-Jungkook? W-what was he...'

He felt shocked and confused and a whole lot of other emotions as he stared at him. His brain stopped functioning again as one thought ran through his mind like a broken record: 'Jungkook is here and he saved me from that man.'

He felt like he turned into a zombie with only one focus-to eat brains-but in his case, Jungkook was the one who saved him.

The next thing he saw was Jungkook standing on the man's hands and the man screamed in pain. He couldn't take it! He closed her eyes and covered his ears to block it all out. No, he didn't want to listen to his screams!

When he opened his eyes again, he saw that Jungkook had punched the screaming man in the face and then the screaming stopped.

He just stared at the bloody mess on the floor, his mind blank and empty of any thought, until he whispered those words in that icy, cold voice of his.

He snapped out of his zombied state and he felt his body start to tremble.

The fear and terror he just experienced finally bubbled up to the surface. He couldn't hold it in anymore. The adrenalin had stopped pumping and his brain started working again and combined with the violent scene he had just seen, Tae's heart trembled down to its deepest core.

Tae had never experienced anything like this in his whole existence. Ever since he was a little girl, his family has never watched violent movies. He was raised so properly that he even looked at the tags on books or movies before reading or watching them. His family only ever watched general patronage movies and shows and that was what he did as well. He only read classic books, sweet romance books, and sometimes heartbreaking books. He was that boy who hid his face if he saw any violence or sex acts on TV by accident.

He was horrified at what could have happened to him that night. He finally realised the gravity of the situation he got herself into and he covered his mouth with his hands, as if to stifle the screams that were about to come out. His face was filled with terror and his tears started to fall uncontrollably as his shoulders shook.

Jungkook saw the horror written all over his face and he turned away as he thought that the boy was now definitely too scared to even look at him. 'Good! He should be scared!' he thought heartlessly.

He moved to leave him be, but before he could even take a step, he felt his frail arms wrap around his waist as he hugged him from behind. He felt his head settle on his back and his shirt dampen from his hot tears. He could also feel his whole body trembling from the shock of this experience.

Jungkook's eyes turned wide at the unexpected turn of events. He had deliberately shown him the kind of violence he was capable of and the kind of hell he lived in, so why? Why was this little tiger still there? He should be terrified of him! He should be running as far away from him as he can! That was what any normal, sane person would do.

Jungkook ran his fingers through his hair, and in the next moment, his deadly aura dissipated. He felt himself slowly relax as the rage and murderous intent in his body were expelled from it. He closed his eyes to gather his thoughts before he took a deep, quiet breath.

He turned around to face him and caught him before he fell to the floor.

It appeared that he had fainted.

_____

Happy Reading