//002.👠

GRANDPA?!

Taehyung was well aware that he sounded insane.

"You're crazy, Tae," a voice in his thoughts said, but the strange thing was that he didn't feel it. He was perfectly rational and clear-headed.

This was the most audacious thing he'd ever done, as well as the most scary. Nonetheless, he felt calmer than ever; more convinced of this than anything else.

The man looked at him with amazement. His gaze penetrated through him as if he was attempting to dig into his soul, but he shook his head when he saw the unshakable expression in his eyes.

He didn't comprehend this small frail creature in front of him. Everyone desired to go to heaven, but one guy desired to go to hell? He was simply taken aback. He thought this tiny guy was the most interesting person he'd ever met.

He eventually inquired, "Mint, what's your name?"

"Taehyung... Kim Taehyung."

"Taehyung..." he said again, fiddling with his mint scarf. His name sounded so beautiful on his lips.

As he stared into his eyes again, he seemed to be contemplating about something before a wicked, heartbreaking smile formed on his gorgeous face.

"Sorry, but..." he began as his eyes moved from his head to his toes once more. "I'm not interested in unattractive boys."

His remark, as well as the cheeky smile on his face, irritated him. He was typically undisturbed by the critical remarks that lads and girls frequently hurled at him. He didn't care what others thought about his appearance, so why had this man's statement agitated him up so much?

"Wait a minute! I'll show you how gorgeous I can be!" Taehyung retorted quickly. He had no idea how he managed to talk in this manner. He was used to not paying heed to what others said. He wouldn't even try explaining himself, so what he was saying right now surprised even him. He had no idea he was capable of speaking in this manner until today.

But then the man responded with another intriguing chuckle.

"Mint, you really are unbelievable." He murmured before his expression quickly changed once more. In disdain, the corner of his mouth turned down. "But I'm not kidding. "I'm not interested in little boys."

"Ryon Ae-ra is just two years older than me." He protested, refusing to back down.

"Miss Ryon is... a mature, seductive woman." And you're..." He cocked his brow.

"Even though you're two years younger than her, you look like a grandpa."

Taehyung was becoming increasingly irritated. Nobody had ever made him feel this way before. He dressed deliberately unfashionably today, as he often did. His hair was braided in a tail, he wore chilly thick eyeglasses, and his winter coat was unfashionably thick and lengthy. He was well aware that he was currently undesirable. After all, this was the look he was going for today: to be so repulsive that no man or woman would care to glance at him.

"I purposely dressed like this today." He fiercely hissed. If he had known he would be seeing this man at the end of the day, he would have made himself a bit more attractive.

"Oh... really?"

"I will show you."

The man smirked and shook his head. He was staring at him with astonishment and bewilderment, and for a brief minute, there was a weird and deadly glint in his eyes. But it vanished as his hand rested on his head.

"Mint, go home. It's getting late." He grinned and got into his car.

"Wait!" he yelled, but the man simply waved as the car drove away, leaving him stunned and unhappy.

Taehyung was quite irritated. As he got into his car, he was pouting and his brows were drawn together. He couldn't figure out why that unpleasant man had such an unsettling affect on him. Was it because he despised and derided his physical appearance? But he was well-versed in such situations. Something like that should not irritate him to this degree. More crucially, his heart continued to pound. The man had been gone for a long time, and yet he was still nervous?! What was the situation? Could his uneasiness be an aftereffect of his bravery? That was the only logical explanation he could think of.

Taehyung had barely started the engine, shaking his head to clear his mind, when someone tapped on the vehicle window.

A guy stood there, smiling at him. The dude was dressed in a black leather jacket and was quite attractive. Was there a problem with this location? Why do extraordinarily attractive males keep appearing out of nowhere?!

Taehyung was too scared to roll down his window. His eyes were drawn to the locations of the CCTV cameras initially. He calmed a little when he saw one just over his car, but he was still wary.

"You're so outrageous, Taehyung! You didn't hesitate to offer yourself to that frightening stranger, but now you're hesitant to open your window to this pleasant-looking stranger?!" He murmured to himself, shaking his head, as if he was now persuaded he was insane.

The man knocked again, this time displaying a lovely grin, as if he was luring him out with his beauty.

'I've got something for you.' He examined his lips.

He eventually rolled down the vehicle window, sighing.

"Hello, Mister..." he said, his pearly teeth sparkling. He was definitely an extraordinary beauty. When he compared their appearances, that vicious man still beat him.

"What exactly is it?" "Do you require anything?" he inquired pleasantly. The man approached him and handed him a piece of paper.

"If you want to meet that man again, just contact me and I'll tell you where to find him," he added pleasantly. He had a nice aura that gave the impression that he had no hidden motivations. He appeared to be the type of man who could easily charm others with his lovely grin. Taehyung had a feeling this one was risky as well.

"That man?" Taehyung furrowed his brows, attempting to confirm, despite the fact that he already knew who he was referring about.

"Mm. That bitter man who said you're ugly." Taehyung blinked at him as he grinned. His dissatisfaction returned.

"You know him?" he questioned finally, and the guy nodded.

"He's my friend."

"W-why would you want me to meet him?"

"Because you want to demonstrate to him that his judgment is incorrect." So, let's just pretend I'm assisting you in proving your argument." He smirked again, as if he were encouraging him.

Taehyung was even more perplexed, but he spoke again before he could say anything further.

"Do you not want to?" "Did you already change your mind?" he seemed to be disappointed.

But as soon as he started retracting his hand, Taehyung grabbed the piece of paper he was holding out to him.

Before walking away, the man grinned contentedly. "Goodbye, Mister Mint!" See ya!" he waved, and then vanished from view, leaving him blinking in uncertainty and wonder as he glanced at the paper in his palm.

_____

Happy Reading