//027.👠

CATCH-22

Jimin called Tae's phone multiple times but no one answered. He started to worry that something bad might have happened to his friend as he frantically dialed his number once again.

Gladly, the call was finally received after another three rings.

"Hello? Tae? Are you alright? Where are you right now? Are you by yourself? Why didn't you answer your phone for ages?" Jimin immediately rattled his questions like a mother hen, but to his surprise, it wasn't Tae who responded. His first thought was that something bad did happen to Tae; otherwise, why would a random guy answer her phone?! His brain stopped working and just jumped to the worst possible conclusions because it was flooded with thoughts of guilt, worry, and panic!

"He's with me." The voice was deep and pleasant, definitely masculine. But all he said was that Tae was with him! Who the hell was this guy? He better not have hurt him, Tae! He had completely forgotten, in his panic, that the person on the other end might have been Mr. Jeon.

"Hey, bastard, where's Tae? Why are you answering his phone? Let me talk to him right now! You have better not have hurt her or I swear I will rip your arms right out of their sockets and feed them to the wolves!" Jimin ranted like a madman, but he was so worried that he couldn't help it.

He yelled so loudly on the phone that Jungkook held it away from his ear at arm's length. When the yelling stopped, he held it back to his ear and spoke calmly. "This is Jeon Jungkook... and you can try but I think you will be quite unsuccessful," he rebutted against his comment about tearing his arms apart, as confident and arrogant as ever. "I'm bringing him over to you. Where are you now?" he continued.

Before Jimin could answer, Yoongi snatched the phone from him.

"Jungkook, I'm going to take Mister Hooligan to the hospital... Nope. He hurt himself... It's pretty bad; I think he broke his ankle... He said he's happy to leave his friend with you- "

"What are... OUCH!!"

"He's nearly dying from the pain now, Jungkook. We're leaving now. Bye."

Yoongi then slipped his cellphone back into his pocket and without another word, he lifted Jimin up effortlessly and put his cute little bottom back on the bike. He then put his helmet back on, hopped on the bike, grabbed Jimin's arms and wrapped them around his waist before he finally accelerated away.

The man rode the bike so damn fast that even Jimin, the fierce hooligan, was scared to his bones. He just barely managed to hang on to his waist and he shuddered to think about what other injuries he might have gotten had he not been able to hold on!

"Hey! What are you doing... Are you really going to bring me to the hospital?! You might as well bring me to a funeral home if you're going to keep this speed up, you damned prince!!" Jimin started yelling and thankfully, it seemed like his words somehow worked.

The damned prince slowed down, but this time his speed was so damned slow that he could almost see a bloody turtle overtaking them!

Oh god! This man was definitely not a prince charming!! Argh! Was he trying to annoy me or something?!

Time ticked by but he kept the same slow pace. He didn't accelerate at all! Jimin was inwardly fuming by this time.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing? A damned turtle is overtaking you; look!" He complained and then he pointed a finger towards an imaginary turtle that was overtaking them on the lane beside them. "I can probably hobble my way to the hospital faster than this!"

Shaking his head, the man finally spoke.

"Mister Hooligan, if that is your wish, I can let you off here and you can 'hobble' your way to the hospital from here," his elegant voice taunted him. Jimin looked around and he realized they were on the highway It was dark and there was nobody else around because it was very late at night.

"No." He was quick to take back his words. He tried to suppress her annoyance because, despite what he said, he was in pain and he knew he needed this man's help right now. So he restrained himself with a lot of effort, or he might end up being abandoned here. Who knew how this prince's brain worked? "How about you let me drive?" He tried a different tactic instead.

"With your injury? Oh sure, go right ahead," His voice was full of sarcasm.

"I can handle it," he insisted and the man just chuckled.

He sighed and finally accelerated. This time, his speed wasn't as fast as a damned rocketship, thank goodness!

This man was definitely just trying his patience!

...

At the bar, Jungkook put Tae's phone back in his bag and carried Tae along with the girls' belongings to his car. No one paid him any attention as he left, as if this happened all the time in the club, as if they were invisible.

He put him in the back seat so that he could lie him down on his side. He put his bag and a jacket on top of it, under his head so he had something to lie on. He then checked to see if he was still breathing. His breathing had become steady and even. It seemed like he had fallen asleep and he was sure that it was because of the cocktails he had drunk.

Jeon Jungkooka now faces a dilemma. He knew where that Jimin boy lived and he was sure that he would find the key in one of the bags but... that boy was going to the hospital and he didn't know how long that would take. Would this little tiger be okay if he dropped him off there by himself?

Left without much choice, Jungkook sighed. He glanced at the sleeping tiger for a long while before he started the engine and drove away.