Ch. 7 ~ The First Day pt. 2

The set stood before her like a doorway to another place. A faraway land she forever hoped to see. The set of "The Owl House" was another world. She never imagined her biggest dreams would come true.

Luz could not believe this was a regular experience for actors. It was hard to imagine this is a normal occurrence; that this was nothing special.

Massive, intricately crafted structures stood tall, transporting anyone present into a realm where magic and imagination knew no bounds. The attention to detail was evident in every nook and cranny, from the mystical symbols adorning the walls to the carefully placed artifacts that hinted at the show's rich lore.

Each room, corridor, and open space had a purpose, contributing to the seamless narrative that unfolded in the story.

As Luz explored the set, she marveled at the ingenuity of the team that had brought this world into existence. The set wasn't just a backdrop; it reflected the world in which Luz was in—it felt genuine, real.

Dana led Luz to the stage where the first scene of the day awaited. The setting was the principal's office—the office was small and daunting; it was plain, with no intricate designs compared to the magical realm; it was boring.

As they approached the stage, the buzz of activity intensified. Crew members scurried around, adjusting lights and fine-tuning details to ensure there would be no mishaps.

"Alright, Luz, remember to channel the emotion we discussed. This scene is crucial for establishing the dynamic between you and your mom."

Luz thought it was a warm welcome to have her actual mother play her on-screen mother. It was scary, but she felt like her performance would be much more improved with her mom by her side.

Camila, with a twinkle in her eye, approached Luz preparing for her first take.

"Oh Mija, you look so beautiful," she held her daughter's face in her arms. "Stand still, I need a photo to capture this moment."

"Mom!" Luz whined; she blushed with embarrassment as the crew awed, watching the mother take in her daughter. "Mama, you're embarrassing me!"

"Oh, sweetie, that's part of my job," Camilla grinned, reaching for her phone in her purse. Camila held up the device, but her stingy daughter refused to let her mother's torture continue.

"Luz, smile," Camila commanded. "Oh, come on, Luz, give her a smile," Alex shouted, sitting in a director's chair with his name on it.

Luz gave in, giving her mother an awkward smile. "Aw, so adorable," Camila commented.

Dana, observing the interaction, chimed in. "Fantastic chemistry, you two. Now, let's capture that magic on camera!"

"I apologize for coming on set in my work clothes."

"Actually, it's fine; it brings realism to your character," Dana said.

The camera zoomed into Luz's face. A crew member quickly handed Luz a green snake and a cute witch doll with green hair and a crown.

"Hold on, wait, is this snake real?"

Dana cut in, shouting "Quiet on set! And... action!"

Luz regained herself, ready for the scene. "And that's the end," she said, sounding proud of herself.

"The end of what?" Camila asked, confusion in her voice. "My book report."

The snake hissed in Luz's ear and bit the doll. Luz remained unfazed, turning her attention to the principal. "I think I knocked it out of the park."