Ch. 12 ~ Time For a Witches Duel

The early morning fog draped the city streets as Luz navigated through the misty atmosphere on their way to the convention center. The car's headlights cut through the fog, leaving only the road out ahead of them.

Willow, peering through the mist, commented, "I think Eda's sister is going to be on set today."

Luz nodded, her focus on the anime edits on TikTok playing on her phone. "Yeah." Luz's head snapped up, her mind reeling in what she said, "Eda's sister! Lilith! I hope I can get her autograph."

As they approached the convention center, the building emerged from the fog, gradually taking shape. Trucks and crew members moved about, their figures partially obscured by the haze. After the car was parked, Luz and Willow stepped out into the cool, fog-laden morning.

Other cast members, emerging from their own vehicles, greeted each other in the mist. Alex's voice carried through. "Morning, everyone! Are you guys ready to begin filming?"

Luz and Willow joined the group, the fog weaving around them as they exchanged morning greetings. Dana, the director, emerged from the mist with a clipboard. "Good morning! Because we're filming on-site, we should be able to cram in more scenes today, but don't worry; we're not going to overwork you."

As Luz and Willow approached the convention center, Luz noticed Eda stepping out of a car, accompanied by Amity and her sister Lilith. Luz was unrestrainedly excited to meet Lilith; she sprinted towards them.

Luz asked, "How was your drive, Eda?" Eda wanted to poke her eyeballs out after sitting in the car for an hour with the two of them. Eda responded with an exaggerated groan, massaging her temples dramatically.

"Oh, it felt like torture, kid," Eda complained. "Those two wouldn't stop talking the entire time. I was just trying to catch some beauty sleep, but they turned it into a yapfest."

Luz observed the tension between her and Amity; they looked at each other briefly. Amity was guarded, her arms crossed and expressions wiped from her face. She couldn't believe Amity was engaging in conversations with Lilith and Eda after making her intentions clear a week prior.

Eda rolled her eyes at the ongoing banter. "Engaging discussions? More like an endless stream of words. Next time, I'll just conjure up some earplugs," Eda retorted.

Luz stayed silent, lost for words. The group continued into the convention center, Luz stepped into the convention center, her eyes widening at the bustling activity around her. The crew members hurriedly set up tents, adjusted lighting rigs, and strategically positioned cameras, creating a laborious amount of preparation for the day's filming.

"This is incredible!" Luz exclaimed, taking in the building.

A crew member nodded with a smile, "It takes a lot to make the magic happen on screen."

As she navigated through the hustle, Luz marveled at set pieces being arranged, props meticulously placed, and the attention to detail that transformed the mundane space into a fantasy world.

"Over here, Luz! Dressing rooms are almost ready," called out another crew member.

"Thanks!" Luz replied, her wonder evident.

In the area designated for the cast's preparations, conversations floated through the air.

"We need to ensure the characters' looks are consistent. Pay attention to the details, everyone," the makeup artist emphasized.

Luz approached Gus, who was seated in front of a mirror.

"Hey, Gus! Ready for today's scenes?" Luz greeted.