Ch 8. ~ School

As Luz and her mother, Camila, left the bustling streets of Hollywood behind, the sound of the road beneath them sounded like a soothing melody.

"Long day, huh?" Camila asked, glancing at Luz and recognizing the weariness in her daughter's eyes. Luz sighed, a mix of exhaustion and excitement evident in her voice.

"Yeah, but it was incredible, Mama. I never imagined I'd be part of something like this."

Camila smiled, her eyes reflecting pride.

"I always knew you were destined for something special, Luz. But tell me, how was it? Being on set, working with experienced actors?"

Luz's face lit up as she recounted the day's adventures.

"It was like stepping into a different world. Eda, the Owl Lady, she's amazing. And the flying scenes – I felt like I was actually soaring through the air."

Camila chuckled.

"Sounds like a dream. But, sweetheart, I can see you're tired. Remember, dreams are beautiful, but taking care of yourself is just as important."

Luz leaned back in the car seat, her fatigue more apparent now.

"I'll be okay, Mama. It's just a lot to take in."

Camila reached over to squeeze Luz's hand.

"I'm so proud of you, Luz. But always remember, no matter how big the dreams, you're still my little girl. If it ever gets overwhelming, I'm here."

Luz smiled, comforted by her mother's words.

"Thanks, Mama. It means a lot."

They drove through the city's maze of lights, the traffic slowing their journey home. The city, with all its glitz and glamour, gradually gave way to quieter streets.

"You know, Luz, Hollywood can be a whirlwind. But never lose sight of who you are and where you come from. That's what makes your journey unique," Camila shared.

Luz nodded, taking in the wisdom of her mother's words.

"I won't forget, Mama. No matter what happens, I'll always be your Luz."

Camila smiled, her eyes reflecting the love she felt for her daughter.

"And that's all I could ever ask for."

The car eased to a stop in front of their house, and Luz peered out of the window at the familiar sight. "It's kinda weird," she mused, "the set house looked just like our real house."

Camila grinned, unlocking her seatbelt. "That's because it is our real house. I let them use it as the design for the set."

Luz's eyes widened in surprise. "Really? Our actual house is the one in the show? That's awesome!"

Camila chuckled. "I thought it would add a special touch. Now, let's head inside."

They entered the house, and before Luz could even take a step, she was tackled by a blur of fur and excitement. "Pickles!" she exclaimed, laughing as her corgi enthusiastically greeted her with tail wags and playful barks.

Camila watched the joyful reunion with a warm smile. "Looks like someone missed you today."

Luz ruffled Pickles' fur, showering him with affection. "Missed you too, buddy. Today was crazy, but coming home to you makes it all worth it."

As production flew by, Luz found herself settling into the rhythm of her new routine. Each morning, she would wake up to the soft sunlight streaming through her window, the promise of another day on the set of "The Owl House."