Ch. 22 ~ Friends or Foes?

As Luz settled into the makeup chair, she felt a sense of familiarity wash over her as Bianca began her work, expertly styling her hair and applying makeup.

Suddenly, the door to the makeup trailer swung open, and in walked Gus and Willow, their presence injecting a burst of energy into the room. Gus flashed a warm smile as he greeted everyone, Willow following behind him.

"Hey, Luz! Ready to get back to work?" Gus asked, his voice brimming with enthusiasm as he took a seat beside her.

Luz smiled warmly at her friend. "Definitely, Gus! But I have to admit, I kind of miss the lazy mornings and late-night movie marathons," she confessed, a hint of wistfulness in her tone.

Willow nodded in agreement, her eyes shining with excitement. "I hear you, Luz! But there's nothing like being back on set with everyone," she remarked.

As Bianca skillfully worked on Luz's hair and makeup, Luz couldn't help but admire her expertise. "Bianca, I have to say, you always make me look so amazing," Luz complimented, smiling gratefully at the makeup artist.

Bianca chuckled softly, her focus never wavering from her task. "Aw, thanks, Luz! You've got great natural features to work with," she replied, her hands moving with precision as she applied a touch of eyeshadow.

Luz grinned, flattered by her compliment. "Well, I guess I owe a lot to good genes then," she joked, tilting her head slightly to give Bianca better access to her hair.

As Luz strolled through the set, she noticed Ed and Emira lurking near a prop, clearly up to something mischievous. Before Luz could intervene, Eda swooped in, catching them in the act with a sly grin.

"Ah-ha! Caught red-handed, you two! Don't think I wouldn't find out you were trying to prank me," Eda exclaimed, her voice laced with amusement. Ed and Emira exchanged sheepish looks, their attempt at a prank foiled. "Oops, busted!" Emira chuckled, trying to play it off casually.

Luz watched the scene unfold. Then, without a word, Ed and Emira locked eyes with Luz and bolted in her direction. Startled, Luz's instincts kicked in, and she took off in the opposite direction. Panic surged through her veins as she dashed through the set, weaving between props to evade her pursuers.

"Hey, Luz, wait up!" Ed called out between breaths.

Luz glanced over her shoulder, heart pounding as she tried to make sense of the situation. "Why are you chasing me?" she shouted back, her voice tinged with equal parts amusement and disbelief.

Heart pounding and breath coming in short gasps, Luz and her friends continued their chase. Eventually, exhaustion caught up with them, and they came to a halt, panting and bewildered. As they exchanged glances...

As they finally caught their breath, Emira managed between pants, "Why did you run from us?"

Luz, equally breathless, shot back, "You're the ones who chased me first!"

"What's going on here, guys?" Dana asked, her voice firm but not overly harsh.

"We, uh... we were just goofing around a bit," Luz admitted, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

Dana sighed, running a hand through her hair. "I get that you all have a lot of energy and you just came back from your break, but we need to stay focused, especially with filming coming up," she reminded them gently.

Feeling chastised, Luz and her friends nodded understanding her words.

"Sorry, Dana. We'll be more mindful," Ed promised, his tone earnest.