Chapter 8: The Formula for Goals

On a TV screen, team Z sees Niko of Team Y score a goal against Team W.

Iemon: Match number 9 ended in a draw thanks to Niko's Team Y, and the Wanima Brothers' Team W. After this match's result, our group standing has changed also. Team Z is now in second position.

Kashimo: That means it's guaranteed we'll move on to the next selection, right?

Iemon: Correct. We will be playing in this stratum's very last game: Team Z vs. Team V! Even if we tie against them, due to the goal differential, we'd still be eliminated. And yet, there's an easy solution. If we win, we'll pass! That's all it will take.

Kuon: ...

Raichi: Kuon, I reeeeally hope you're listening, or else I'm beatin' your ass!

Naruhaya: Why do you even bother? It's not like he's gonna play with us anymore.

Igaguri: That tie that Team Y drew sure is a lifesaver.

Kunigami: Yeah. Had Team W won, they would have reached seven points, and it would've been the worst-case scenario.  We should be grateful.

Chigiri: But Niko wasn't the kind to score his own goals. What changed?

Bachira: I think he had the right push by two certain egoists.

He looks at Kashimo and Isagi specifically.

Isagi: (Thanks to Niko's goal, our chances of surviving have risen quite a bit.)

Kashimo smiles. He's glad Niko is getting better and improving. He's excited to see Niko again someday.

Iemon: We need to know who's the key behind Team V's success, and that...

Iemon: In just three games, they have scored a collective 18 goals. The top 3 players are responsible for their team's ridiculous and surreal victories. With five goals, Tsurugi Zantetsu. With six goals, Mikage Reo. And Team V's top scorer with seven goals, Nagi Seishiro. If we can't stop them, we lose.

Kashimo: They only got three geniuses? We got five! We'll be fine.

Bachira: That's the spirit!

Isagi: I don't know...

Team Z Room.