Chapter 9: Awakening

Reo: That was a good one, Nagi! Just as I pictured it!

Nagi: Reo... Can I slack off for the rest of the match?

Reo: Nah, not until you score five more goals.

Nagi: Can it be four?

Isagi: Unbelievable...

Igaguri: It was only one goal!

Raichi: We can still win!

Isagi: Right!

Isagi passes to Kunigami.

Isagi: Go for it, Kunigami!

Kunigami: Okay!

Kunigami moves up the pitch and tries getting in his range for shooting, but Reo steals the ball. 

Reo: Aren't you a bit outside of your shooting range? I studied every skill a brute like you might have, Kunigami.

Kunigami: (He was in my blind spot?!)

Kunigami attempts to retake the ball, but Reo protects it and gives Nagi another long pass. However, this time instead of completely controlling and stopping the ball, Nagi taps it and then does a bicycle kick, scoring his second goal in the game.

Team Z: 0

Team V: 2

Kashimo: ...

Kashimo closes his fists tight as veins bulge from his face.

Kashimo: FUUUCK!!!

Iemon: Calm down!! We've only just started this game!

Isagi: Can we even win in this situation?

Raichi: Hey, Kunigami! Why the fuck did ya give the ball away like that?! You were supposed to shoot! That's your job here, isn't it?! So just fucking take it seriously!

Kunigami: Shut up the winning! I could tell you as much with that awful defense!

Raichi: Enough! If we lose this game, it's over! The only way to win is to rely on our best players!

Igaguri: T-That's right! Don't give up! Namu Amida Butsu!

Kashimo: ...

Isagi: We still have a few weapons in our arsenal.

Isagi long passes to Chigiri.

Isagi: Go, Chigiri!

Chigiri: Yeah!

Chigiri chases after the ball but is caught up by Zantetsu to his speed and even takes the ball before him. Zantetsu then gives the ball to Reo.

Reo: Nice one, Zantetsu!

Isagi: I'll handle Reo!! Intercept any passes to Nagi!!

Kashimo: (Shit... If they score another goal, it's the end of my career!)

Everyone goes to protect Nagi and Kashimo goes to Zantetsu. He goes for a slide tackle but Zantetsu hops over it with the ball.

Zantetsu: You're too slow...

Zantetsu takes the shot easily, increasing Team V's lead.

Team Z: 0

Team V: 3

Reo: To be honest, I was expecting more from you, Kashimo.