Chapter 12: The Second Selection

Kashimo walks into a square room.

Kashimo looks around, then, a machine shoots out a ball to him which he catches with a perfect trap

Kashimo: What is this?

Behind him, a hologram named Blue Lock Man appears with a holographic gate and goal zone. A red circle with the ball being the middle then appears and starts getting smaller.

Kashimo: (This must be the penalty area. This training is recreating a situation where I'm in front of the goal. I'm supposed to assess the situation. I have to do it within the area, as it grows smaller. All I need to do is get the ball past the goalkeeper and score a goal!)

Kashimo decides to use his left foot to test out his previous training. He shoots the ball with perfect accuracy and great speed to the top right of the goal. Blue Lock Man goes to save it but fails.

Kashimo: That was easier than expected. But you still almost managed to get it, you're not to be underestimated.

A timer then appears giving Kashimo 90 minutes to clear the 1st Stage by scoring 100 goals.

Kashimo: 100 goals? I only need 99 more. I'll make this quick.

Kashimo kicks the ball into the bottom left of the net. Blue lock Man dives to catch but fails again.

Kashimo: You know, I take it back, you're not as good as I thought you were.

Kashimo is quickly able to get 30 goals and the level is increased to level 2. Now there are other Blue Lock Mans in the way as players.

Kashimo: This definitely is getting harder. I like the challenge!

Kashimo catches the next ball with his chest and sprints through the defenders. He then jumps only a little bit into the air and kicks the ball into the goal.

Kashimo: Who's next?

Ego and Anri watch from the monitoring room as Kashimo plays. Ego has a wicked smile on his face as Anri just watches, absolutely stunned.

Ego: He's just what Blue Lock needs. A player capable of pushing other players to surpass their limits and become better.

Anri: He's good. He seems too good to be playing in the State Football Finals. Before Blue Lock, that was the only information we had about him.

Ego: Obviously, nothing was special about him while growing up. He got his basic education and got to play for Kyoto by luck, that's all. He's not some rich billionaire who got to go to the highest school with the best education there is.

Anri: How do you so much about him, Ego?

Ego: Connections through players. The public doesn't know about him, but a lot of pros do, thanks to his older brother, Hajime Kashimo.