Chapter 19: Dancing Boy

Isagi: Who're we taking?

Barou: I want that number 50, Kunigami. With that physique, we can keep the ball by having him as a post player. If he joins, then we can fill the front lines more. And that would help me score more.

Isagi: Nah, Chigiri's the better choice. Not only would we have his insane speed, but also his devouring nature and that could help us trigger more chemical reactions.

Kashimo: Yeah, but you know, that's something that would destroy our own possibilities. It'd be suicide.

Isagi: What?

Barou: Huh?

Kashimo: Chigiri is a good choice, he'd help us play with the main principle of the team, devouring each other. But at the same time, it'd be too risky. It won't be enough to beat Rin. What we need is an anchor. Someone to fill the rear. (pause) And most importantly, balance out our offense and defense. We'd be allowed to move more freely that way. If we want to beat Rin, we need someone whose passes are unpredictable and can't be read so easily, not even someone with future sight could have ever seen it coming.

Kashimo's eyes flare up with a royal purple glow.

Kashimo: I don't just want to beat Rin, I want to embarrass him, rip his soul to pieces, and leave his pride shattered. Besides, this guy can get better at an astronomical rate.

Barou: Well, it's a gamble, but it makes sense. Then only that guy would be suitable.

Isagi: Indeed. He's my second choice.

Kashimo: Get up...

Team Red is left wide-eyed

Team Red is left wide-eyed. Their best player was stolen from them.

Kashimo: Join us. You're flare personality and passing skills are needed against Rin.

Bachira: I really wanted to stay with the original group, but I won't wait for you guys.

Bachira looks at Team Red.

Bachira: Come and chase me.

Kashimo: You guys will be fine. After all...

 After all