Chapter 16: Tri-Fusion

Isagi trains his shot power and accuracy for his Direct Shot whilst Kashimo trains his passing since he hasn't adapted to anyone with that kind of weapon or talent yet.

Isagi: It's only been the two of us training so far. What's Barou doing?

Kashimo: He said that's his usual training routine.

Isagi: For that long?

Kashimo: Seems pretty rigorous too, but that's one of the reasons why he's so good at football.

Isagi: Join us, Barou. We should practice our formation.

Barou: I require 40 more minutes... then I'll grace you with my presence.

Kashimo: 40 minutes? It's like you lost all sense of cooperation in your mother's womb. I can watch two episodes of an anime in 40 minutes... barely.

Isagi: Yeah, but it's like this how he got strong, right? Through self-discipline and sticking to a hardcore regimen.

Kashimo: He's obsessed.

Isagi: Alright, in that case...

Isagi runs over to Barou.

Isagi: I'll warm up with you!

Barou: Yeah, right. Forget about it. You couldn't possibly keep the same pace as me.

Isagi: I won't know for sure until I try!

Kashimo: What a turn of events. I'll join in too!

After training, Kashimo and Isagi get to bed, and they see Barou sleeping on the bed that Kashimo was fighting for.

Kashimo: That tall bitch... I should knock him awake.

Isagi: You gotta admit, the room is much cleaner. Maybe Maid Barou cleaned up the place.

Kashimo: I did say he'd make a good maid. But that's a fair trade. I rather go to bed than dwell on it.

Kashimo takes the top bunk.

Kashimo: Goodnight.

Isagi: So laid back... Wait... Nobody asked me if I wanted the bottom bunk! (I've had just about enough of these geniuses!!)

Blue Lock Conference Room

Anri: As you can see, here is the current situation with the Second Selection process. By establishing a personal connection between individual personalities, we deepen each player's self-awareness and awareness of others. Each player will recognize this, create teams, and play together. Originally, tactics and team direction coming from coaches will be established within players. By having the players decide for themselves, they can improve their abilities as individuals. This is how we build an independent, striker with no equal. This is the growth program of the Blue Lock Second Selection. This concludes my report.

Buratsuta: I'm just saying what everyone here is thinking, but doesn't it just boil down to talent in this world? Geniuses will be geniuses even if we leave them alone. Is Blue Lock even necessary?

Anri: Yes, but we're still in the Second Selection process... So, we need a little more time-

Ego: You want a star that badly? You greedy old geezers can't think past your profits... Just how many geniuses have you snuffed out with that line of thinking?

Buratsuta: What do you mean by that, Ego-kun?

Ego: All of you create a so-called "genius", and the moronic fans of the Japanese star player obsess over him. Then they spend all of their money buying the uniforms and tickets, just for this "genius". Filled with misplaced confidence, this "genius" takes their skills overseas... Only to be met with difficulties because of the culture, the language barrier, and communication. As a result, they're unable to produce the results they wanted. 2 to 3 years later, they return to Japan and finish their football career in a mid-level National League. We continue to repeat this situation, so Japanese football will forevermore be third rate. Because of this, there's not a chance in Hell that a world-class striker will be born.