Chapter 49: Crossroads

Born from the curve pass from Isagi Yoichi's shot into the back of the net with a super jump volley!! Thanks to Kashimo Wakasa's super goal, Bastard München keeps their lead against Manshine City!!!

Kashimo gets up, coughing a bit.

Kashimo: Damn! By using Metavision, my physical and mental stamina is being drained. That makes sense, any machine will break down if it keeps running continuously at full power. Shit, am I still not a Kaiser's level of vision yet?! I gotta surpass him. I gotta crush him! That shot was only possible because Isagi passed the ball to me. I gotta show I can score without anyone's help, proving my value as a striker! 

He wipes the sweat off his face.

Kashimo: Change up my way of thinking. Be rational. There's no doubt Metavision is a powerful weapon, but just like how Isagi learned it from me, one can probably acquire it too if they have great football knowledge and awareness. There's probably a lot of pros who use this ability.  Particularly, if one is an MF or a Playmaker, they'd scan the field the same way I did, and find the best pass routes and shot courses from a higher dimension.

Sae then flashes through Kashimo's mind.

Kashimo: Understand that, is that how Sae was able to play like that when Blue Lock faced him in the U-20 match?!

Sae: {You have the potential to enter my world.}

Kashimo: So that's what he meant! Sae may also have Metavision! That means, right now, I broke through to the next level.

Reo glances at Kashimo.

Reo: Kashimo... His playstyle is totally different from before! He definitely discovered something in this game and is evolving at a rapid rate!!

He takes off his hair tie.

Reo: He's becoming more and more like a monster, that shitty bastard!! But there's no need to be hung up about it. He has his playstyle, I have mine. I gotta stick to my playstyle and find a way to survive in the Neo Egoist League!

Reo: But if we see our chance to score, we have the right to selfishly score our own goals

Reo: But if we see our chance to score, we have the right to selfishly score our own goals. That's why I want to score goals. I don't ever want to be the guy who does not get chosen!! I never want to experience that feeling again...

"For me to understand this 'frustration'... I want to play with this guy. I want to try and put some effort into football."

Reo: Ah shit... Why am I remembering this now? I thought I got over these frustrating memories... Enough already. Don't dwell on the past. I'm no longer the guy who can't win if he doesn't have Nagi. Since that loss, I've only gotten stronger. Besides, the dream of one day winning the world cup. That was my dream to start with... I was wrong for pushing Nagi to tag along and forcing my beliefs onto him. It's not Nagi's fault. I'm the one who needs to change. So that one day, we can play side by side as equals.