Chapter 31: Revengers

Tereasa: Kashimo Wakasa's broken through to the front of the goal!

Fukaku: (Here he comes... Now's the best time to shoot...)

Kashimo: (Don't fail me now!)

Kashimo kicks the ball, and it goes up into the goal, but Fukaku nudges the ball with his finger, making the ball hit the post and back onto the field.

Anri: Ah...

Kashimo: Tch.

Niou: Nice save! Second ball!

Yukimiya runs to scoop up the ball.

Isagi: (Yukimiya is in position on the left to dribble!)

Just then, Neru marks him.

Neru: I won't let you.

Yukimiya: You again?

Isagi: (It's here! This scenario... It's an attacking pattern that we've practiced!!)

While Yukimiya takes Neru on in a 1-on-1, Isagi gets within visible range of the defense line, by opening up the possibility of him receiving a pass.

Neru: Ah, shit. (Which way?!)

Neru moves his leg, but there's a split-second hesitation, which causes his movements to jam up and allows Yukimiya to prepare a shot.

Neru: (I reacted too late!)

Yukimiya: Nice, Isagi-kun. I owe you one.

Yukimiya shoots the ball, but Aiku blocks the ball with his foot in the nick of time.

Yukimiya: Huh?! Even that wasn't enough?!

Aiku: Nice shot.

Niou: Go clear it, Darai!

Darai: I know.

Nagi then comes from behind, surprising Darai with his quick movements.

Nagi: Took your eyes off me, didn't ya? Dumb Buddha.

Isagi: (A speedy response from Nagi on a second ball near the goal! Also just like in practice!! Kashimo's play was what enabled this situation!! Now that we've broken down our opponents' formation, we can reap the fruits of our labor... Our practice is paying off!)

Nagi kicks the ball to the goal, however...

Niou: NNRRAAAA!!

Niou blocks it with his forehead.

Nagi: You've gotta be kidding me, you damn geezer...

Isagi: (They're so tough... but it's not over yet!!) Kashimo!!

Kashimo: Yeah.

Aiku: Huh?!

Kashimo is 25 meters from the goal, beforehand, he was right beside the post.

Aiku: (When did he get there?! He was right behind Hayate not even a moment ago so that he couldn't have used our blind spots...! Are his off-the-ball movements that insane?!)

Kashimo: (Now is my chance!)

Hayate and Wakatsuki move to Kashimo on both sides.

Hayate: I won't let you score.

Wakatsuki: That's right.

Kashimo: (You kidding me?! Tch! Time to improvise!)

Kashimo goes into a shooting position, but then he traps the ball.