Chapter 18: The Stage for the Lead

Kashimo: If we get one more goal, we're winning this. Let's not test our luck.

Isagi: Agreed, we should-

Barou rushes to the ball and kicks it right at the kick-off.

Barou: Go!

Isagi: Barou?!

Kunigami: For real?!

Chigiri: A direct shot!

Blue Lock Man is able to block the ball and it hits the crossbar.

Kashimo: Thought as much.

Barou: Argh! Shit!

Bachira: Kuni! Loose ball!

Kunigami: Yeah! Let's go, Bachira! Run! Counter-

Kashimo gets behind Kunigami.

Kashimo: Try it, Herogami.

Bachira: Herogami! Over here! We can't lose the ball in front of the goal!

Kunigami: Nice, Bachira, counting on you!

Kunigami passes it to Bachira, but Isagi gets right to it faster than expected.

Bachira: (Isagi? He read where the pass would come from!)

Kashimo: You're getting too predictable, Bachira.

Bachira out of desperation slide tackles the ball away from Isagi and over to Barou.

Barou: (Finally! It came here! The big chance that'll make me the main actor! Right now, my shooting zone is free! If I carry it 2 or 3 meters in 1 touch, I'll be able to reach my 28-meter shooting range and I'll steal a goal!)

Chigiri catches up right behind Barou.

You're one step behind, king. I'm faster than you.

Barou: Shit! (If I take the time to touch the ball once, this red hair will catch up to me! What do I do?! Do I just shoot already?! From outside of my shooting range?! No! My absolute field is right in front of my eyes! Yet... I'm still one step behind!)

Isagi moves in front of Barou.

Isagi: Pass to me. Don't make me wait.

Barou passes the ball to Isagi

Barou passes the ball to Isagi. Isagi goes for the shot, but the Blue Lock Man blocks it.

Kashimo: Loose ball!

Chigiri gets the loose ball and runs as fast as he can upfield.

Bachira: Chigiri! Over here!

Chigiri: Yeah. Got it.

Chigiri passed to Bachira, who was within a 15-meter shot range. Bachira easily kicks the ball into the goal and evens the score.

Team Red: 4