Chapter 42: Ginga x Monster

Kashimo: My 10 days of training paid off, my ranking in 3rd place is secured and my spot as one of the top 11 regulars. But I'm not the only one. There's also the one who clawed his way out of the Wild Card, Kunigami.

Isagi: Shit... I wanna stand on the pitch and fight alongside them! Every minute and every second... As frustrating as it is on the bench, I won't let this time go to waste!! Friend or foe, I need to burn all of their plays into my mind and search out every opening and weakness that I can find!!

The rules are "first to 3 goals," and "Infinite substitutions" where you can sub anyone in and out indefinitely! And the "Star Change System," in which the master striker is allowed to play for just 3 minutes! In addition... the master also serves as the team coach.

Then let's get started...

Neo Egoist League 1st match, Germany vs Spain!!

Kickoff!!

Kaiser starts with a pass to Ness

Kashimo: They'll try and faze me out of the match, due to Kaiser's grudge against me.

Ness then does a super clean vertical pass with a backspin between two defenders while the ball heads left, which turns out to be a pinpoint pass that doesn't kill his target's speed, and the target is Grim.

Grim: As the leader of the charge, my role is one destined for death... but that too is amusing in its own way.

While hugging the sidelines, Grim uses brute power and physicality to force open the shortest distance possible.

Kashimo: Grim's a tank-type dribbler.

Grim: I am just the first stage of a rocket, burning to completion and falling off at launch... but that too, is life...

Grim does a super forced cross over the crowd towards the far side of the field, where Gesner traps the ball perfectly.

Gesner: What a messy pass. I'm the only one who could've reached it in time, you octopus.

From there, Gesner cuts his way into the crowd and with a series of fine touches, he threads the needle with his delicate dribbling.

Gesner: Let's see what you've got, smegma.

Even with the defenders surrounding him, Gesner delivers a perfectly timed lob pass to Kunigami.

Kashimo: Shit... I'm not getting involved...

Kashimo thinks to himself which both Isagi and Noa notice.

Kashimo: What do I have that no one else has...? In this match, what can I do to stand out...?