Chapter 5

The next day consisted of calling in "sick" to work and being home alone. Lizzie and Charlotte couldn't skip another day of work. They had used all their vacation days from when you all went to France.... What if this job isn't fit for me? Who know's? Maybe they'll fire me from missing the second day of work. Maybe this is better, I dont know if i can survive working with Light. I knew Lawliet knew that I wasn't sick, but he let it slide. After all I was a horrible liar, but only around him. Maybe it was the fact that I could possibly like him, or maybe I knew he was a genius and there was no point in trying to lie. Or maybe you were just a really sucky liar. But... Maybe it's for the best Light and I broke up. I mean if I turn out to actually develop feelings for Lawliet, we'd break up anyways. However; I don't have feelings for Lawliet so why am I still going on about this?
I called in sick at 6 am. Of course work didn't start till 8 am, but Lawliet woke up at 5 am as always, but that's only if he does sleep. He normally stays up all night. He used to say that there was so much time we waste sleeping. "My most productive work is done when you are dozing off." But he really can't help it. He has insomnia, he's had insomnia since the past... ever. He only sleeps ever now and then when he's extremely exhausted. Maybe he's just addicted to working.
Later on, at 8:30 am Sochiro called asking if I knew where Lawliet was, but I told him I had no clue.
Exactly seven minutes later there was a knock on my door. To my surprise Lawliet stood there hunched over with two large coolers.
"Lawliet you should be at work! Don't worry about me it's just a break up. I've been through these before, you know," you told him.
"No, I don't know. Due to the fact I have only been in one other relationship I have no idea what it feels like," he answered," ...though, from movies, I've analyzed after break ups they eat ice cream and lots of it. Then they just mope around all day." I love sweets just like Lawliet, but not because it's the only working brain food or whatever Lawliet said, but because you like sweets. I let him in, and he sat down or more like crouched.
"So what's in the coolers?" I asked.
"Oh, Ice cream," he said pulling the gallons out one by one.
"I got Green tea, cookie dough, your favorite, mint chocolate chip, red velvet, cheesecake, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry which is my favorite, phish phood, American Dream, and some sorbets," he listed taking them out as he spoke.
"Sochiro called asking where you were," I told him.
"Oh, yes I knew he would do that, lets call him shall we?" He said grabbing his laptop and pressing buttons with his forefingers. The letter L showed up and we heard Sochiro answer.
"Ryuzaki, what are you doing? Where are you? We cannot get further on this case as quickly without the whole team on board! Y/N is sickly and you've just bluntly not shown up. You've push our force into committing to the case whole-heartedly and you haven't even shown up today!" Sochiro's tone wasn't the kindest. Lawliet put his finger to my lips telling me to shush which made me laugh a little.
"Oh, I can't make it today I'm quite busy at the moment," Lawliet excused looking at me as if saying stop talking.
"Ryuzaki? Are you with a woman? Now isn't the time to be fooling around we're in the middle of a serious case! This isn't like you!" Sochiro almost yelled. That caused the me to crack up and L to smile a bit. I just couldn't stop laughing. I almost completely forgot about Light... almost.
"No no no, I'm just helping a friend I'll be there tomorrow," Lawliet said between laughs.
"Now isn't the time to be a friend the entirety of Japan is depending-" he was cut off by the shutting of Lawliet's laptop.
"He's so gonna be mad at you tomorrow," I teased.
"You think I didn't already know that?" He asked.
After that we totally lost all self respect and attacked the ice cream. The only sound was me and Lawliet and the movie My Neighbor Totoro that was playing in the background. I hardly dented the gallons of ice cream, but then we both got sick of it so you checked the pantry.
"One donut left," I said dramatically staring into his eyes.
"It's mine," he said walking closer to the donut.
"Never!" I screamed rushing toward him. I pounced at him, but he caught me throwing you on the couch. He started tickling you as you screamed and flailed around. Somehow I flipped him over and started tickling him. This continued till we were both tired.
"So..." He said awkwardly. I quickly ran to the donut. We had grabbed it at the same time as him. We decided to split it in the end cutting it precisely in half then I took the left one as Lawliet took the piece on the right.
For the rest of the day I spent it with Lawliet and Netflix. We were in the middle of an the 4th episode of Psych (one of the best shows ever watch it it's on Netflix. Update it's not on Netflix anymore. I'm going to cry.) when Lawliet squeezed that part of my knee that's really ticklish and I screamed.
"You shouldn't of done that," I yelled tickling him back. He laid you down straddling me and tickling my stomach while I laughed and screamed my butt off. I continued to scream till you heard a banging on the other side of MY wall. "Shut up over there," the grouchy neighbor yelled.
That made us scream even louder intentionally or not the details aren't important. I flipped him over and tickled his feet as he died of laughter. Somehow Lawliet found a way to straddle me again and tickle my stomach. I freaked out, but it stopped to reveal a pair of two very concerned roommates.
"OMG! Y/N are you okay? I heard your screaming and I got worried. Are you being raped Oh my Go- oh...Lawliet," Charlotte yelled.
"Are you okay? Get off of her!" Lizzie yelled.
"Wait were you two doing the sexy time?" Lizzie asked now blushing.
"No, No, No, no. No. No. No! We were just having a tickle war," I explained quickly getting up after realizing the suggestive position we were in.
"I thought you were waiting till marriage," Lizzie said confused.
"OH MA GOSH! We were not doing the sexy time," I yelled.
"Can you guys not say sex?" Lawliet butted in
"There's no need to be shy I know what it is," Charlotte said.
"We werent doing anything," He ruffled my hair which made the situation seem like we were buddies and nothing more... just how we were: nothing more.
"Okay no! We are not dating and we never have done the sexy time and we never attempted to do the sexy time!" I explained raising your voice. That made Lizzie and Lawliet crack up! I laughed and laughed and laughed. Wait why are they laughing so much? Does Lawliet like Lizzie? Does Lizzie like Lawliet? Is Lawliet that amused by the thought of us being in a relationship? Why do you care so much? Plus Lizzie already has a boyfriend and you don't really know L's relationship status. But he said he's only been in one relationship. Pull yourself together man! Come on Y/N snap out of it. But why do you care? Oh it's so obvious you are definitely somewhat attracted to Lawliet admit it already! YOU LIKE HIM! Okay calm down. "I. like. him. I like him." I muttered quietly to yourself.
"You like who?" Lawliet asked.
"Oh uh no one," I answered avoiding eye contact.
"Okay whatever," Lawliet responded to your abnormal answer," Well I should probably get going see you at work tomorrow."
"Bye," I said followed by Lizzie and Charlotte's farewells.
Once Lawliet was gone for sure Charlotte asked," So who do you like for real? Do I know him?"
"Uh... yes," I answered reluctantly.
"Guessing game ey?" Lizzie said joining the conversation. I nodded smirking.
"Haruto?"
"No"
"Yuto?"
"No"
"Sota?"
"Never"
"Eric?"
"No"
"Hayato?"
"No"
"Zach?"
"Uh-uh"
"Rui?"
"No"
"Sota?"
"You already said that."
"Haru?"
"No"
"Koki?"
"Definitely not"
"Ooooh," Lizzie said.
"Who?" I asked.
"Lawliet," she said
"No," Well that was faster than expected... They could tell I were lying. Maybe Lawliet's not the only one I'm bad at lying to.