why not sure I'll marry you part 3

It was the night of Pipp and Presto's wedding. Ponies were partaking in festivities in every square inch of Zephyr Heights. There were food stands, games, plays, and magic shows on the streets. Music videos made by Pipp, Presto, or both played on the mega screens. There was a timer in the bottom right of the screens counting down to the ceremony. Ponies were on their phones, taking pictures and videos and sharing them with their friends and family in Maretime Bay and Bridlewood. On top of every other building, cartons of fireworks were set to go off as soon as the bride and groom kissed for the first time as husband and wife.

Pipp watched the festivities from her bedroom. Two maids were adjusting her dress for the concert before the wedding. Though Pipp didn't care about the politics regarding her marriage to a unicorn, she was astounded to see so many ponies expressing their happiness for her. Never in ten thousand moons did she imagine so many souls supporting her getting married so passionately. Not even when her only fans were her fellow pegasi. Pipp put her hoof on her heart as she fought the urge to cry, touched.

Suddenly, Pipp felt her phone vibrating from underneath her wing. She took it out and saw that it was a video call from “Prestie.” Her heart skipped a beat, and she gave the maids a look, telling them to leave. The maids bowed and left the room just as Pipp answered the call, and Presto Tetrachord appeared on the screen.

"Hi, Prestie Bear," she chirped.

"Hi, Pippy Cake," Presto greeted. "Have you seen what's happening outside?"

"I can see it from my bedroom. I didn't know there could be so many ponies in Zephyr Heights at one time," Pipp said.

"I know. It's incredible. I've seen posts of ponies selling plushies of us that are handmade out there," Presto said.

"Seriously? You've got to share them with me," Pipp said. "Speaking of which, one of the ponies that brought earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi together made the cutest figurines of us. I can't wait to show you later."

"I'm looking forward to it," Presto said.

Pipp's smile grew, gazing into Presto's gray-blue eyes. Then her smile weakened, and she sighed as she looked back outside.

"I wonder how many of them are celebrating just because a unicorn and a pegasus are getting married," she said. "I'm thankful that our races are united, so we were able to meet, but it would be nice if there is focus solely on us getting married rather than just what it means for ponykind."

"No, my love. This night should be a historical moment," Presto said. "One day race will have no focus when ponies are united in holy matrimony, but it has to start with us. All of Equestria will treasure our happiness even when we are long gone."

Pipp kept looking outside as though she didn't hear Presto. Then she turned to her phone and said with a smile, "I guess you're right. Ponykind has to start somewhere. Might as well be us."

"And after that, we don't need to focus on anything else but our married life together," Presto said. "It will be just you and me. Well, you, me, and our fans."

"That sounds perfect," Pipp said. "Anyway, I better let you go. I'm performing in a few minutes."

"Of course. See you at the ceremony, Pipp Puff," Presto said.

"I'll be the one in the veil, Honey Bear," Pipp said.

Pipp hung up and held her phone to her chest as she let out a blissful sigh. She felt goosebumps in her body as she thought of everything Presto said about what their married life would be. The thought made Pipp more eager for the wedding to happen so she could sing her song for Presto.