Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Girlfriend

"Bye..." I whispered.

Unti unti niya akong binitawan. I held tightly onto my coat on my arm. Tipid siyang tumango bago humugot ng malalim na hininga. Inabot niya ang aking siko at hinila patungo sa kanya. Marahan niyang hinaplos ang aking braso habang nagpupumungay ang mata na nakatingin sa akin.

"It's not goodbye, princess. It is just 'see you later'."

Somehow, it gave me a bit of relief so I smiled a bit. Bigla kong na-realize. I am smiling nowadays. Because of him.

"Then, see you later, Zeke..." mahina kong sabi.

He flashed a gentle smile. "See you later, snowflake. Get there safe for me."

The room called for my flight with Qatar Airways. I have to leave now. In 16 hours I'll be in New York City. A car will pick me up in the airport to get to Brooklyn.

Unti unti akong lumayo sa kanya. I slowly turned away and entered the door leaving the internal portion of the airport, to the airplane. I didn't turn my head because it will only makes it harder to take another step.

After I arrived in JFK Airport, a rented car picked me up to be my escort for the fashion show. By the way, it is the Prada Womenswear Show. Usually, a fashion show lasts for a week but since Riley's wedding is coming, I only had to stay for two days.

The trip to Brooklyn takes 32 minutes and the road to the hotel is another five minutes. A hotel near the event venue was packed with celebrities and invited guests for the fashion show.

"Hello, Cresia! Welcome to Brooklyn!" the head of the glam team greeted me by the hotel lobby. "I can't wait to get you ready!"

I politely lowered my head for a bit to acknowledge him. Anton is someone that belonged to the group who doesn't identify themself in either of the standard sexual orientations.

"Hello." bati ko.

Lumapad ang kanyang ngiti at nakipag-beso sa akin. Sinuklian ko ang gesture na iyon bago kami nagpunta sa elevator patungo sa aking hotel room.

"This is your room," excited niyang sinabi.

I looked around the interior. It is expected to have these wonderful furniture and a comfortable king size bed.

"Are you staying in the next room?" tanong ko.

Tumango siya. "Yep! Call us anytime you need anything."

Siya na ang nag-ayos sa mga damit na dumating. He wanted me to unbox the gifts from Prada and so I did. It has my name on the card but it never felt mine. This lavish life is dreamed by most women but there is an underlying factor that needs to be sacrificed.

"It has been a long flight, Cresia." si Anton pagkatapos inayos ang mga damit na susuotin para sa fashion show. "Please have a rest. I'll be back around 4 to get you even more pretty."

"Thank you, Anton."

He giggled. "My pleasure!"

I left the Philippines on Tuesday and I arrived here at 1 pm on Tuesday. My home country's time is 13 hours, making a big difference.

After a few minutes of walking by the balcony, I decided to rest and take a power nap. The show starts at 6 and ends at 7. It is the standard time for a fashion show to run. It doesn't last longer than an hour—it takes 30 minutes to 1 hour.

Nakatulog ako at gumising naman ilang minuto bago pa dumating si Anton kasama ang glam team. They have me prep up for the night. All guests for any fashion show are expected to dress up ravishing and appealling. Every piece they wore should embed the brand hosting the event. It is a norm in this kind of social setting.