Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Celebration

Two wolves in our life.

One is hope. One is fear.

But who wins?

Of course, the one you feed.

We lost track of time. He waited until I finished crying and was with me every second, consoling me to comfort me. Zeke wiped my tears with his black handkerchief.

"Are you feeling better?" malambing at nag aalala niyang tanong.

Tumango ako at bahagyang ngumuso. "My eyelids feel heavy."

Humalakhak siya bago pinatakan ng halik ang aking magkabilang mata. I pouted even more. It does feel heavy and I'm sure the bags underneath were blushing red.

"You look cute with puffy eyes, baby."

I glared at him. Humalakhak siya lalo at mabilis na humalik sa aking labi. He held my cheeks together to give me another kiss.

"Engineer, nandito na po ang kotse."

Oh!

My face immediately went red. I am sure. Natigil ang aming halikan nandahil sa singit ni Agent Chris. Oh my goodness. I am beet red. That is embarrassing.

They are cognizant of these public displays of affection, given that Zeke has been notably unable to restrain his physical contact, particularly within the confines of the vehicle. However, direct observation differs significantly from mere auditory sense.

"Let's go, baby." he cooly says.

Oh, good Lord.

A white SUV dashed to our side. The agents quickly confined us by positioning themselves strategically and then drew their firearms from their holsters. I was unaware that Zeke was also armed. Prior to entering the jail, we underwent a thorough search for weapons and suspicious items.

Unlike us, the agents, due to their military status and special licenses, were not subject to this inspection. And it appears that Zeke also possesses such licenses as well.

He pulled me into his chest, covering me and pointed the gun elsewhere. I was shocked beyond comprehension by how hasty it happened.

Lumabas ang tao sa loob ng SUV. My sister, Riley, came out from the driver's seat and Diana from the other door. They both raised their hands in the air as a symbol of surrender. The agents remain onguard.

Zeke clenched his jaw angrily. I held his arm, pulling it down along with his gun. Bumaba ang tingin siya sa akin at nakita akong ngumiti.

"You can ask the agents to stand down, Z." marahan kong sambit.

He kissed my forehead. "Are you going to talk to them?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay," bulong niya at humalik ulit sa akin noo. "Pero rito lang. I need to hear it."

Tumango ako.

"All of you, recede."

Binaba ng mga agents ang kanilang hawak na baril at umalis sa aming harapan, tumayo sa gilid. Nakita ko ang paghinga ng malalim ni Diana kasabay ng pagbaba rin nila ng kanilang mga kamay.

Humakbang ako ng apat na beses patungo sa dalawa. Nasa likod ko si Zeke, nag aabang. Riley gulped and looked away from the man behind my back.

"Pagkatapos ng lahat, ang kapal ng mukha mo para magpakita rito, Cresia. Mula ngayon, kalimutan mo na kami. Wala akong kapatid na katulad mo." galit niyang sinabi.