Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Kissed

"Let's watch the stars, the night is beautiful..."

Umawang ang aking labi habang nakatingin sa kalawakan. The stars were bright up in the sky. They are twinkling like they weren't stagnant for real. The white room is very spectacular, the roof is clear glass making everything above up very clear.

"Are you okay?"

My attention got diverted to him because of the question. He is sitting beside me, looking at me and not at the beautiful skies. I could clearly hear my heart thumping.

Tumango ako bago tumingin ulit sa kalawakan. "I am."

"Are you really okay? I'm talking about what you've been through in the hands of your mother." maingat niyang agap. "So I wanna ask, are you really okay?

Humugot ako ng hininga. "I am now..."

"It was hard for you, right?"

A steady beating of my heart leads to the solemnity of the surroundings. The depths of my awareness of this are yet to be illuminated by his curiosity. I always knew that people have an idea about the inside of our family but they choose to be oblivious. Unlike him.

"It is what it is since I was born." tugon ko. "So I cannot put a word 'hard' in it."

Gumalaw siya at bigla akong hinapit sa baywang. Nagpatianod ako sa kanya. Walang kahirap hirap niya akong inangat patungo sa kanyang kandungan. Mukhang sasabog na ang aking puso.

"Z--Zeke..." I stuttered.

He squeezed me into a tight hug. My breath left my lungs. At that moment, I forgot how to breathe in either from my mouth or nose. The air was held in.

"Fuck!" he muttered deeply. "I'm sorry you had to go through with that, princess..."

I gasped softly as he buried his head on my neck.

"I am so sorry..." paos niyang bulong.

"Why are you apologizing?" mahina kong tanong.

I felt his hot breath more and he nuzzled his head there. Is he as intimate as this to his girlfriend? Masakit sa puso isipin na ganito siya sa ibang babae. Hindi ko alam na sobrang makasarili pala ako pagdating sa ganitong bagay.

"You can be totally honest with me." namamaos niyang sinabi. "Gusto kong marinig kung ano ang pinagdaanan mo, snowflake. Even the smallest details, I want to hear it so much."

I bit my lower lip before asking him the question that has been in my head. "Why are you being like this, Zeke?"

"Oh shit, baby..." bulong niya. "Yes, it is me, I am Zeke. Say my name more,"

"H--Huh?"

I felt a kiss on my neck. "Call my name,"

"Zeke?"

"Uh-huh. Again."

"Zeke..."

He breathed and kissed my neck again. "Again, baby..."

"Zeke..."

"Oh God. I am so crazy."

Kumunot ang aking noo sa pag-alala. "What is going on, Zeke? Are you okay?"

Mabilis siyang tumango. "Yes, my baby. I am okay."

"Are you sure?" nag aalala kong dagdag.

"Uh-huh. Don't worry, princess." aniya. "Anyway, can we talk about yourself? Any story about you, I am eager to listen."