Epilogue

It seems like yesterday when I dreamt of writing EOL. I was always looking forward to Cresia's life story. It is the hardest story to write. One of the readers gave me the strength to craft a heavy storyline for EOL. That one reader experienced a lot of things, not exactly the same story but same struggles. and you know who you are, I am proud of you. To all who are struggling, you will survive. You got you and you got Him. At the end of the day, congratulate yourself for fighting unwanted battles. Thank you, everyone, for taking this journey with me. Kudos!

Embers of Love

"Wow..." I whispered.

I followed my eyes to a small little human.

"Mama,"

The pretty little girl is standing beside two older girls. She is adorable, holding her hands together at her tummy. And she looks so pale white. There is a cute ribbon on her long light brown hair. She's like a fairy.

"Mama." I called my mother again.

"Yes, my baby boy?"

I smiled widely and pointed to the girl in the room. "I want her. Can I have her? That girl, Mama."

"Zeke..." Mom trailed off. "Uhm, that pretty girl?"

I nodded abruptly. "Yes. I want her."

"You can go and make friends with her, anak."

My brows creased and scowled. "Friends? Like Steven and Andre? Kuya's friends?"

Mama smiled and nodded. "Yes, my boy."

"I want her." I grunted. "Can I take her home with us? I want to have her, Mama. Please?"

"Hijo..." Mama crouched down to my level and held my chin. "You have to be friends with her first. Go on, try to talk to her and see if she likes you too."

My tongue tsked as I looked away, annoyed. I want her. Naglakad ako paalis kay Mama para puntahan siya. I stood still on the floor when I found out she was not there anymore.

I cried.

Mama wiped my tears and let me sit on her lap. I am mad at her so I am not speaking to her. Papa will always take her side so I kept quiet.

"At least you get to see the girl, hijo. You will see her again."

Hindi ako kumikibo. I am mad at her right now.

"Zeke, talk to me, anak..." Mama sweetly said. "I promise to bring you to more events so you can see her again."

Nararamdaman ko rin na tumingkayad ang aking pandinig. Pati ang aking puso ay tumibok ng malakas. Pero nagtatampo pa rin ako kay Mama.

My forehead furrowed. "It is your fault, Mama. I told you I want her. You didn't listen to me."

"I am sorry, hijo. Forgive Mama, please."

"Hmp." I scoffed.

She hugged me but I was mad at her so I crossed my arms. I am still mad at her. I'll hug her back later.

Nabalik ang ngiti sa aking labi noong narinig ko na may pupuntahan ulit kami na party. I will see her again. Ako ang naunang matapos magbihis. I was humming a song in my head until we arrived at the hotel. Mama was laughing at me. Weird.

I gasped in amazement. Beside the same older girls, she stood behind them. She is here. She is so pretty like a fairy. I tugged my mother's arm.

"The one on a yellow dress, Mama. My crush. The cute girl with a white bow in her hair." I gasped when she moved her eyes around. "Look at her, Mama, she's too lovely! That's my crush!"