Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Bird

Bumaba na ako mula sa kwarto patungo sa dining room. It is the usual muffled morning. I could hear the faint sound of the grass getting mowed.

"Good morning, Miss Cresia." bati ng mga maid sa bahay.

I politely bend my head a little. "Good morning,"

"Your breakfast is ready, Miss Cresia."

"Thank you."

I sat on my normal chair and they began placing the food in front of me. It is nothing much. Just two triangular sandwiches and a glass of warm milk. It doesn't fill my stomach but it is better than having to eat nothing.

After my breakfast, I went back to my room to get my trench coat and my small bag for work. After I graduated and passed my CSE board exam, my father gave me a job at E.C Shipping Lines. I had a job and money with no use.

Most of the time, I report to the E.C Headquarters and do the paperworks there. Or sometimes, I just do it in the house. Wala rin naman kasi akong ibang pinupuntahan.

When I want to go out, like spend a little time in the mall for myself or have that moment they call "window-shopping", I can't. All the time, it is a basic requirement for me to ask for my mother's permission before taking such actions. It takes quite too long before she responds. And her responses are full of excuses, questions, and restrictions so I just don't bother anymore.

"Miss Cresia, your father asked you in his office." anunsyo ni Alexa.

Dahan dahan akong tumayo para magpunta sa Senator's Office. Iyan ang pangalan ng opisina ni Dad. We are currently in E.C. Shipping Lines Headquarters which is located just near the port and the cargoes. It is not much but a five-storey building with around 32 offices that all contributes to the management of the port business.

I had my office in the fifth floor as well but it is on the south side of the building which is at a great distance from the President slash Senator's Office.

I was astonished to see my mother inside the office together with Riley. She doesn't like sitting out at the headquarters, so she goes shopping, has her hair done, gets a massage and spa, or travels with her friends. She is business-minded, yet she dislikes crowding herself with employees which she thinks are way below her.

"Good afternoon, Mom." pormal kong bati.

"Hershey will come by tomorrow morning. Did Alexa inform you?"

Tumango ako konti. "Yes, Ma'am."

"Good." agap niya. "Clear your schedule. Gusto kong palitan ang buong wardrobe mo. I already gave her the outfits I expected so be sure to fit everything. I will check your vitals afterwards, Cresia."

"Yes, mother."

"Mom, what about my customized pearl dress?" singit ni Ate Riley. "I need it before the weekend."

"It is ready, hija. Hershey will bring them tomorrow for your final fitting." marahan na tugon ni Mom.

"May plans kami ng friends ko by 11 so I need to check it out first."

Tumango naman agad si Mom sa kanya. "Unahin natin ang fitting mo then Cresia can do hers after."

"Okay. Sounds good."

I turned to face Dad, who was sitting on the center couch, frowning and hurriedly shifting the pages of the file he was holding.

"Good afternoon, Dad." bati ko.

"Have a seat, Cresia." wala sa sarili niyang tugon. "What is this piece of garbage, Riley?"

"What, Dad?"