Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Nothing but problem

"Talagang ayos ka lang, Cresia?"

"We should call Zeke."

"I agree. Ako na tatawag."

"Sige, sige."

"Uh, I am really okay, ladies..." mahina kong singit.

Sky squeezed my hands on top of my knees. In fact, all of them are in distress with what has occured this morning. Mika told them what happened. Even so, I wish to avoid disrupting the beautiful moment for Sky's wedding.

"I will call Ruhan too. Magkasama sila ni Zeke."

Amber nodded while fiddling with her phone. "Much better. I'll ring up Eli too."

"Oh, it's ringing..." si Mika.

"Dapat malaman ito ni Zeke. Your husband will take care of this, Cresia. Don't worry." nakangiting sambit ni Sky. "You have the most powerful people beside you. Never behind and never upfront. Always beside you."

It was a soft statement from Skyrah Margaux Buenavista and yet it made my heart drop. It was too powerful, itself. The impact of her words are heavy. It meant a lot.

Never behind and upfront. Always beside.

It means I wasn't walking, trailing a greater footprints but rather I am making a greater footsteps alongside them. They are not in front of me making decisions ahead. Nor at my back watching me fall. Always beside, facing everything together.

Ngumiti ako sa kanya. "That compels a strong message, Sky. I am grateful."

"Zeke? Thank God. You have to come here right away. Nagpunta rito ang Mommy ni Cresia tapos— Uh, hello?"

"Tell Zeke to come to the shop, Ruhan. Pinuntahan dito si Cresia ng Mommy niya. She is so evil."

"Ay, pinatay na ni Zeke ang tawag." si Mika. "Oh, Eren is calling... Hi, husband! Oh! You are with Zeke?"

Nakatingin ako sa dalawa na kausap ngayon ang kanilang asawa. I don't want this to be a big issue mainly because this is not the center of the cause of why we are gathering around.

It escalated quickly. Zeke arrived in no time. He wasn't satisfied checking me physically and emotionally even though Mika assured him that my mother did not raise a hand on me.

Even Ruhan, Eren, Maddox, and Elijah appeared right after Zeke arrived. Speaking of not making it an issue, they are currently discussing the matter. Zeke squeezed my hand on his lap while planting a soft kiss on the side of my head.

"Z," I called unto his attention.

"Hmm, princess..."

I sighed in a soft manner while looking straight into his eyes. "I understand that you are troubled but maybe we can talk about it at home? We are disrupting Sky and Maddox's wedding plans."

"Nothing matters more than you, baby." agap niya.

"I know..." I whispered and caressed his right arm in the hopes of calming him down. "I know, Z. And I am always grateful,"

A soft smile crept out on the corners of his lips. "Alright, snowflake. You always have the final say."

Then a gentle kiss on top of my head before glancing towards his cousins around the round lounge. They are still talking about the topic that directly concerns me.

"It was a cruel move, Eren." tawa ni Ruhan. "Ginigipit ni Zeke ang mga Pastolero para mas lalong madiin ang mga Dela Cuesta."

Tumawa si Eren. "I know. And he countered it with a direct move against Senator Emilio Dela Cuesta."