Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Hot

"All of these are your family's farmland?" mangha kong sambit. "Wow. It is a whole city."

Tumango siya. "And the ranch is on the other side, baby."

"You have horses?"

"Lots of them."

I gasped. "Really?"

Humalakhak siya at pinisil ang aking magkabilang pisngi. I am staring at him seriously because I am curious. I am not even batting an eyelash.

"You are adorably innocent, snowflake." nakangising niyang sabi. "Uwi na tayo? Ang sarap mong i-cuddle sa kama."

I stared at him, waiting for his response to my curiosity. He cracked a loud chuckle and gently pinched my cheeks again. My stare gradually turned into a glare.

"Yes, my princess." marahan niyang sinabi. "Our Buenavista Family owns these lands. On that side is the ranch where we house hundreds of horses now. As well as cattle near the flower field, milking cows, piggery, and poultry."

My eyes went back to the field downhill. There is a long row of crops then a furrow for their farm trucks— water tanker lorries, combine harvester, compact tractors, drive tractors, and row crop tractors. They even have a UTV or a Utility Terrain Vehicle driven around the field. We have those similar to UTV in the shipyard for the cargos.

"This is already a big business, Z. Wow." hindi ko mapigilan na purihin ang magandang taniman. "I am truly amazed."

He crouched to my ear while holding my waist in place. "Your Buenavista family is amazing, baby. Hindi lang sa amin 'to. Sa atin ito."

"I am not yet a family, I am still a fiancee."

"Oh, don't say that, beautiful woman. Buenavista ka na. You forgot your card and your phone? It bears your Buenavista surname already."

I heartily let out a soft laugh. "I am a family."

"Uh-huh. You are a family— a Buenavista." agap niya. "I badly want to drag you to the altar, baby, but I still want to show 2% of my respect to your parents. I will formally ask for your hand in marriage when we get back to Manila."

"You didn't have to drag me. I am willingly going to walk beside you to the altar." singit ko.

He smirked at me. "You really know how to shut me up, huh?"

Natawa ako at tumingin ulit sa magandang taniman. Zeke nuzzled his head on the nook of my neck. I tilted to the right to give him his way there.

"Are you finished admiring the field?"

Umiling ako. "Let us stay for a while."

"Okay, sure, snowflake." he mumbled.

The terrain is organized into different crops. A long row for the corn, soybeans, spring wheat, rice, beans, tomatoes, potatoes and sweet potatoes, onions, seed cotton, cassava, garlic, chili, okra, and eggplants. I mentioned the crops from the left to the right.

And on the further right are the trees for apple, orange or mandarin, papaya, mango, and strawberries. They have separate land for the coconut trees and other lumber trees. They have loyal farmers who worked diligently to keep everything in place and clean. Kahit nasa malayo kami nakatingin, alam kong masaya silang nagtatrabaho.

"Can we go to the flower field then the livestock?" tanong ko kay Zeke. "Then ranch and PBMC."

He nodded a bit and kissed my cheek. "I will only follow the command of my partner. I am her good servant, the only servant she ever needs."