Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Bomb

Napatingin ako sa construction site kung saan naroon ang pinapatayong building na hindi pa natapos nandahil sa nangyari noong nakaraang buwan.

Now, Zeke wanted the work to continue because it is one of his ways to have his eyes with me 24/7. We got here a while ago and no one was around except for the new hired househelps. They said my parents were meant to come home today too from a place I did not ask where.

"They will be back in a while," I whispered.

I felt a hand on my waist before a chin on top of my head. I heaved a deep breath and leaned back on him. I held our hands together at my chest.

"Hmm, I replaced your maids too, baby. They will cook anything you want to eat. They are under my orders, baby." marahan niyang banggit.

I chuckled. "Thank you so much, Z."

"Anything for my princess..."

Nasa may bintana kami rito sa kwarto ko. I am guilty of not missing this place at all. Zeke asked whether I wanted to add anything to the room or modify the interiors to make it cozier, similar to what I did in the penthouse, but I was adamant that I wouldn't. I want to leave it as it is. Besides, this is not really my place.

"Do you want me to tell your parents about us or you want to tell them yourself?" malambing niyang tanong. "No pressure, snowflake. I just wanna know where I stand."

"Maybe after your talk with Dad?"

"Our agenda for that talk, baby, is about your suitors. I want to file my application to be your future husband." paos niyang tugon.

Umawang ang aking labi. "Oh,"

"Hmm..." he breathed on top of my head then planted a soft kiss. "I love you, baby. Every piece of me loves you so deeply and madly."

I smiled brightly as his words gave a fluttering sensation to my heart, body, and soul. Partly, I craned my neck to see him.

"You can go ahead and tell my father about us, Z." bulong ko. "I don't mind. I only want you in my life too."

He kissed the tip of my nose. "They need to know where I stand in your life, princess. This time, they can't boss you around. Iba na ngayon."

"I have no idea how mother will react to any of this, Z. She doesn't want me for you."

"What the hell?"

"Yeah." I pointed out. "She was the one who forced me to stop befriending you. Though we are somewhat on the same grounds of comfort, our hierarchy when it comes to business is quite a stretch."

"No, no..." iling niya at niyakap ako ng mahigpit. "I am more powerful now because I have my beloved woman. Nothing can make me even more powerful than you. She's wrong. She's just scared."

I cracked a small chuckle. "We all are scared of your name—Buenavista. All of us have that notion, Z."

Tumahimik siya. I smiled a little. I really love him with all of my heart. I won't ever regret anything that will happen because the greatest reward after those treacherous torments is Zeke's unyielding love.

"Do you have your birth certificate, baby?"

Tumango ako kahit medyo nagtataka sa biglang katanungan. "Yeah."

"Where is it?"

Napatingin ako sa aking dressing table. Hindi ako sigurado kong naroon ba ang hinahanap ni Zeke pero nasa ikahuling drawer ko nilalagay ang mga importante kong dokumento.