Seeing Double

Welcome to this new one shot called 'Seeing Double' - thank you everyone who has taken the time to read, like or comment on any of these stories, much appreciated. I am taking requests if you do want to see a certain one shot made - hope you enjoy this one!

Thomas parked the van at the gas pump and killed the engine, funds were starting to run low but he knew they needed to stop now to have any chance of making it to the next town over; everyone else was asleep in the back so he decides to get the supplies himself as they didn't need too much.

He entered the shop and grabbed the necessary items before heading to the counter, as he looked out the window and noticed a Sheriff's car pull up at the pump near to where he had parked the van.

"Anything else for you?" The cashier enquires after packing the items into the bag before regaining Thomas attention from the window.

"Yeah, $20 on pump six please. Do you know how far it is until the nearest town?" Thomas asks fishing out the notes from his pocket and placing them on the counter next to his items.

"Closet town is just down the road, it's about fifteen-to-twenty-minute drive; a place called Beacon Hills." The cashier helpfully advised before handing Thomas his change and wishing him a good day.

As Thomas walked back with the stuff his attention once again was drawn towards the Sherrif's vehicle when he heard shouting coming from that direction.

"Stiles!" Parrish shouts out as he spots the Sherrif's son walking out from the gas station shop, Parrish noticed that Stiles glanced over but then sped up his walking before quickly disconnecting the gas pipe and diving inside the van.

Thomas didn't like the way the Deputy was looking at him and was that name he shouted in his direction, he shook of the feeling and started the van up and pulled off heading in the direction the town; Minho stirs in the passenger seat as Thomas puts some distance between himself and the gas station.

"Thomas, everything okay?" Minho slurs out sleepiness evidence in his voice as he sits himself up and looks towards his friend.

"I'm not sure, stopped to get Gas and this Deputy turned up and shouted a weird name towards me; don't know I just felt uneasy. Good news is that we are not far from the nearest town so we may actually get to sleep somewhere with running water tonight; wake the guys up we are about fifteen minutes away." Thomas openly admits to Minho knowing he wouldn't judge him for feeling the way he was feeling, they had been betrayed by people in authority in their past so trust had to be earnt first.

As they drew closer to the town Thomas couldn't help the calmness that washed over him at the sight of the town approaching; out of everything he had seen since coming out of the Maze this was the first time, he truly felt they were safe.

"Alright shanks, how about we explore this clunk of a town?" Minho states as they park the van outside the Beacon Diner and split into two different groups with agreement to meet back at the Diner in two hours' time to decide the next plan of action.

Minho, Thomas and Frypan decide to head towards the centre of town to try and find a change of clothes and any other previsions they may need in case they need to leave in a hurry with Jorge, Brenda, and Vince's first point of call the local Sherrif's office to try and determine whether this was a potential safe place for them to start over once again.

The trio couldn't help but feel shocked when they stepped inside the Sherrif's station, the face waiting to greet them at the front desk was surprisingly familiar to them even though it shouldn't be possible.

"Welcome to Beacon Hills Sherrif Station, how can I help you today?" Stiles greeted the three new arrivals that had entered a few moments earlier but seem now to be frozen in spot.