How did it end?

Welcome one and all to this new one shot called How did it end? Thank you everyone who has read, voted and commented so far on this collection of stories, I hope you enjoy them.

Pre warning on this story its a sad one with no happy ending and inspired by the film Signs - enjoy and apologises in advance.

Driving up to the scene of the accident is a moment Lydia knows will be etched in her brain for the rest of her life.

First responders were scattered as far as the eye could see, mostly gathered along the caution tape to help enforce the boundary between public access and the accident scene. There's a couple of Deputies talking to who Lydia can only assume witnessed the accident while another Deputy is comforting a young woman sitting on the sidewalk, her head buried in her hands.

Hesitant steps moves Lydia forward to the crashed truck where she could see Scott talking to someone with a sad smile on his face.

"Scott?" Lydia asked as she answers the phone, now it wasn't unusual to get a call from Scott at  random times of  the day however very rarely was their a call at night; supernatural beings seemed to understand the importance of a good night sleep. It was late enough in the night though that Lydia had just got herself changed for bed ready to settle in with a book until Stiles returned with her ice cream.

"Lydia," Scott croaks, and immediately Lydia is on red alert. Her back straightens and she's now fully awake because the voice Scott was giving her was the same one he gave her when Allison had died. "Lydia, there's been an accident."

"Hey Sweetheart." Lydia is snapped from her memories when Melissa approaches, she noticed how her eyes shone with tears but her voice remained steady, as always. She wasn't in uniform, Lydia noticed so must have been with Scott or at the Hospital when the call came in. "Scott's talking to him right now, why don't you take a seat and I'll explain what happened before you go over?"

There's a numbness in her head that makes her feel as though she has no choice but to agree, nodding her head as she shuffles over to lean against the nearby squad car. Melissa stood in front of her, clearly affect but trying to keep it together for her sake. Lydia's been with Melissa at many different scenes, each seemingly worse then the last, but she's never seen her act like this. To everyone knew her, she was the strong, compassionate nurse who doesn't let anything get to her; yet here she is with a slight shortness of breath and the trembling of her hands, hear the catch of her voice before she begins to speak.

"About twenty minutes ago the sheriff department and ambulance service were called to a crash where a young adult male was struck and pinned between a SUV and a tree. Upon arrival at the scene, Parrish recognised the victim and called in Scott after failing to reach Noah who then called you."

"So what's the plan? Are you waiting for fire fighters to bring tools to free him or are Derek and Scott waiting for people to move away so they can use their strength to get him free?" Lydia asks as the panic starts to enclose her as her mind tries to think of all the options open to them.

Lydia couldn't help but notice that Melissa was keeping her back from fully seeing the mess Stiles had got himself into this time; looking around Lydia also noticed the lack of paramedics moving towards where she assumed Stiles currently was.

"The SUV that hit him has him pinned against a tree, Lydia." Melissa says, the waver in her voice becoming more pronounced. The pit in Lydia's stomach was growing as her mind struggled to catch up with what she was being told. " His upper and lower half have been almost completely severed in half, the SUV is the only thing holding him together."

The world suddenly feels like it's falling away underneath her, her knees buckling sending her sliding to the ground against the squad car as the fresh tears burned her eyes. Her ears had started ringing as she tried to process what this all meant.