7.

STAR"My wifey is finally home! How was work today? I missed you

STAR
"My wifey is finally home! How was work today? I missed you."

Dave smiled as I walked into our house, him wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck.

It turned out that the therapy session wasn't too bad with Chris. He's gonna have to put in a lot of work if he genuinely wants to change. But, as his therapist, I'll be willing to help him out.

"It was great, baby. How was yours?"

"It was cool. I got to see Robyn and Giovanni today, so that was pretty dope. They stayed here for a little bit after I picked up the kids from school. I know they were supposed to get them from school, but I wanted to spend a little bit of time with them before they left us for the weekend."

Dave explained as he took a seat on our couch. I smiled and nodded, putting my purse down on the kitchen table.

"I have something to tell you. Please don't be upset with me."

"What is it?"

"I know we were supposed to spend time together tonight. But, Kehlani hit me up and said she wanted to hang out tonight. With our busy schedules, we haven't been able to see each other in a while."

"Damn. I was looking forward to tonight, babe."

"I know, I'm sorry. It's just, I really miss my best friend. I know you know how that is. I don't throw a fit when you go out with the guys, and I'm stuck at home with the kids."

And it's pure facts. There has been plenty of times where I wanted to spend time with Dave, but he rather go out with Shooter and Bashar. Let a girl live sometimes, too.

"Damn. You right, you right. Have fun with Keh, then. By the time you get home, I'll most likely be sleep."

Dave got up off of the couch and grabbed his PlayStation controller, turning the console on. I kissed his cheek and took a seat on his lap.

"Don't worry. We're gonna have husband and wife time Saturday and Sunday until I have to go pick the kids up."

"I know, I ain't tripping over it, ma. Go ahead, go have fun. I love you."

"I love you, too."
-
-
-
-
"I'm surprised Dave let you come over this late. I'm surprised you're just now getting out of work this late. It's already nine o'clock at night."

Kehlani spoke as the two of us took a seat on her couch. I nodded and shrugged.

"I'm surprised, too. And I know, it was such a busy Friday at work today. First, I had to go to the hospital for my first patient, he's new. And the rest of the day, I was at my office. After all of my sessions, I had a whole bunch of paperwork to do."

"Wait, did you say hospital? Why do you have a patient at the hospital?"

"Long story short, he's severely mentally ill. His brother contacted me saying he needed immediate help, but he's currently in the psychiatric ward. We'll be having his sessions there until he gets out."

"What's his name? Is he cute?"

"Keh!"

"What? A girl just wants to know."

"The man has serious mental issues, and you're worried about if he's cute?"

"It doesn't hurt to ask, it's a valid question!"

"I mean, I guess? I don't know. You know I don't look at any of my patients in that way, Keh. I'm just here to do my job."

"Girl, please! A fine man is a fine man! Mentally ill or not. Anyways, how have you been in general? We haven't linked in so long!"

"I know, it's crazy! I've been fine, the kids have been fine, Dave has been fine. We're actually planning a vacation to the Dominican Republic next month for about a week."

"Oooh, Star! I see you, girl! I've been there before, it's so beautiful."

"I can't wait to go. We definitely need it, all we do is work like crazy. We never just have time to sit back and relax. I'm leaving the kids with my brother and sister, so it'll be just me and Dave."

"You two definitely deserve it. Couples always need that time alone, even when it comes to your kids. I'm about to grab some wine, you want some by any chance?"

"Girl, hell yes! Pour me up some!"