21.

CHRISTOPHERI've been here with my dad for a month already

CHRISTOPHER
I've been here with my dad for a month already. It's been pretty chill since I got here. Jayden has tried contacting me a few times, and so has Wayne. I haven't responded once.

All I can seem to think about is Star. My biggest regret is not letting her know where I went, or how I'm doing. I just can't though. I don't wanna risk anything. I can't have her get hurt.

"Chris, I'm going to work! Keep my house clean, I'll be back later on!"

My dad, Terrence, shouted up the stairs.

"Aight, pops! I'll see you later!"

It turns out that my father isn't so bad of the guy that I thought he was when I was younger. He seems to be more understanding of my mental health issues than my mother ever was and ever will be.

After my father pulled off, I ran downstairs and knocked on his neighbor's door. She was sexy as hell, I'm not gonna lie. Her name is Julianna. She has the same name as one of the nurses from the mental hospital.

"Yes, Mr

"Yes, Mr. Brown. How may I help you?"

"Why you answering the door like I'm way older than you or some shit?"

I laughed. Julianna playfully rolled her eyes, making straight eye contact with me.

"Cause you're always bothering me."

"I can't bother my favorite neighbor now?"

"You've only been living here for about a month, and you barely go out. I'm the only person besides your dad that you know here."

"Whatever. You finna let a nigga in or what?"

"Are you gonna stop harassing me?"

"Eh, maybe. Maybe not. You're fun to bother."

"Fuck you. Come in."

Julianna laughed and let me inside her house anyways. I walked in and walked into her kitchen, catching the smells of something delicious being made.

"It smells good as hell in here, girl. What chu whipping up in here?"

"Some delicious breakfast for my boyfriend. He's supposed to be coming over later on."

"Girl, quit fucking with me! You know you don't have no nigga."

"Craig seems to think we're boyfriend and girlfriend. Even though I keep telling him we're just friends."

"Craig is a narcissistic asshole. Of course he thinks that."

I couldn't stand that nigga Craig. I see him over here every so often trying to flirt with Julianna and shit. She don't be giving him the true time of day for him to even be doing that.

"Craig also thinks that I have like a thing for you. Which is why he gets so jealous."

"Do you have a thing for me?"

"Why does it matter if I do or not? But no, I don't."

Julianna rolled her eyes and turned the stove off. I sat down on one of her kitchen chairs.

"Yeah, sure. If you say so. It's hard for bitches not to fall in love with me. Quit lying to yourself."

"Why does someone always have to be lying whenever they don't find you attractive in that way? It makes you sound cocky and arrogant."

"That's the way I have to be, baby. You know that you like me in that way. I could tell by the way you be looking at me, and laughing at my jokes and shit. You know you wish I would've came down to Virginia way earlier than last month."

I smirked as I gripped onto Julianna's hips, pulling her closer to me. Julianna got about two inches away from my lips until she stopped and started to speak.

"More like YOU wish, papa."

Julianna laughed, pulling away from me and patting my chest before grabbing plates out of her cabinet. I shook my head and gave her the finger.

"Fuck you, then. Can I at least have some breakfast?"

"Whatever. Grab a plate and make it yourself, cause I'm sure not doing it for you."